[1.5] Better Pawn Control (v2.7)

Started by VouLT, October 04, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VouLT

thank you for the report bdog

Version 1.4.3 fixed another issue with the new multi-map feature. I'm crossing my fingers on this being the last critical issue.  Please let me know if you find anything out of place.

CathDubh

Update breaks save with Animal tab. When Clicking either tab they won't open and returns the following error
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BetterPawnControl.Manager`1[BetterPawnControl.AssignLink].GetActivePolicy (Int32 mapId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BetterPawnControl.Manager`1[BetterPawnControl.AssignLink].GetActivePolicy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at BetterPawnControl.MainTabWindow_Assign_Policies.PreOpen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.WindowStack.Add (Verse.Window window) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.ToggleTab (RimWorld.MainTabDef newTab, Boolean playSound) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.InterfaceTryToggleTab (RimWorld.MainTabDef tab, Boolean playSound) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.DoTabButton (RimWorld.MainTabDef def, Single posX, Single width) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.DoTabButtons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.MainTabsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

Any solution?

VouLT

Can you share you save file? Do you know how to reproduce the error?

VouLT

@CathDubh, I'm not able to reproduce what you reported but I have theory. Could you follow the next procedure a let me know if it fixes the problem?

1. Launch the game
2. Disable my Mod on the Mod lists
3. Restart Rimworld
3. Load your save file
4. Save to your save file (overwrite)
5. Go back to Main Menu
6. Enable my mod
7. Restart Rimworld
8. Load you save file (from 4.)

This procedure should clean your save file. Let me know if it fixes the problem.
This procedure will reset your policies.
My theory is that between the updates, somehow, BetterPawnControl save data got corrupted.

CathDubh

jpinard

Spacedorf directed me to this thread.  If I'm seeing this correctly there's a way to mass assign all my colonists clothing options?  Like once I've setup Heatwave, Cold spell, Combat attire - I can do a click or two and have it apply to everyone?

VouLT

Matush

Hello VouLT.
The Dropbox link doesn't work.
Pretty please - could you fix it? :)
Regards

VouLT

Fixed! Thank you Matush

It seems Dropbox killed support for public folders...

VouLT

version 1.5 is out!

Change log:
- A17 update
- removed integration with AnimalTab and CombatRealism
- added german language support (thanks Lauri7x3!)

Next on my todo list is to add BPC to the Restrict tab.

viperwasp

I'm seeing this mod for the first time I skipped playing a couple Alphas. And I think this mod will be one of my go to mods from now on! As long as it does not conflict with other mods I like to use. I feel like the developers may implement some of the functionality of your mod into core game one day. That's how useful it is.  Thanks
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

VouLT

version 1.6 is out!

Change log:
- Added colonist area restriction bulk assigment (on Restrict tab)

VouLT

Version 1.6.2 is out: Combat Extended integration complete!

MrWeeGee

Keep getting this error in conjunction with CE after updating to 1.6.2 that prevents me from opening the 'assign' section at all:

QuoteException has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (object,System.Reflection.BindingFlags,System.Reflection.Binder,object[],System.Globalization.CultureInfo) <0x00182>
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (object,object[]) <0x00025>
at BetterPawnControl.Widget_CombatExtended.SetLoadoutById (Verse.Pawn,int) <0x00082>
at BetterPawnControl.MainTabWindow_Assign_Policies.LoadState (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<BetterPawnControl.AssignLink>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Pawn>,BetterPawnControl.Policy) <0x00215>
at BetterPawnControl.MainTabWindow_Assign_Policies.PreOpen () <0x0005e>
at Verse.WindowStack.Add (Verse.Window) <0x0003b>
at RimWorld.MainTabsRoot.ToggleTab (RimWorld.MainButtonDef,bool) <0x00122>
at RimWorld.MainButtonWorker_ToggleTab.Activate () <0x00042>
at RimWorld.MainButtonWorker.InterfaceTryActivate () <0x000d5>
at RimWorld.MainButtonWorker.DoButton (UnityEngine.Rect) <0x00146>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.DoButtons () <0x001f4>
at RimWorld.MainButtonsRoot.MainButtonsOnGUI () <0x0002f>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI_Patch1 (object) <0x00081>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

However, was using 1.6.1 before with CE and had no issues at all. Tried loading 1.6.2 before and after CE but both orders threw the error. Reverting back to 1.6.1 removes the issue.