[1.5] Better Pawn Control (v2.7)

Started by VouLT, October 04, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VouLT

MrWeeGee on 1.6.1 didn't include the integration with CE, so when using 1.6.1 you aren't able to set policies using the Loadouts.

Can you check if the the better pawn control mod comes after CE?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: VouLT on December 28, 2016, 05:15:17 AM
For the future it would be nice for me add to this mod:

- default outfit when a new colonist joins
- export/import outfits settings, areas names and related policies so you don't need to setup everything every time you start a new colony

Any chances for this features ?
I would give some prisoners right leg for this :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

VouLT

@SpaceDorf

On the first, I'll see what I can do.
On the second, it's not simple because BPC doesn't mess with areas or outfit settings. It only changes what is assigned to the pawns. I'll see what can be done.

SpaceDorf

Thank you,
though the default outfit for new colonists is quite easy for me .. I just redefine "anything" to my standard outfit.

Exporting/Importing especially outfits and lists of names would be a great feature I sorely miss in Rimworld. I would have never thought of asking, If you had not stated that goal for yourself :)

MrWeeGee

Quote from: VouLT on June 20, 2017, 10:01:19 AM
MrWeeGee on 1.6.1 didn't include the integration with CE, so when using 1.6.1 you aren't able to set policies using the Loadouts.

Can you check if the the better pawn control mod comes after CE?

I was already using 1.6.1 with CE without any issues. It was after updating to 1.6.2 that the error occurred and I couldn't open the assign menu, regardless of which mod was loaded first. Currently rolled back to 1.6.1, with BPC loaded before CE, and don't have any errors.

VouLT

MrWeeGee

I assume if you update to 1.6.2 and set the BPC AFTER CE it should work fine.
1.6.2 is integrated with CE which adds support for loadouts. With 1.6.1 you can only control outfits and drugs.

MrWeeGee

Quote from: VouLT on June 21, 2017, 04:39:47 PM
MrWeeGee

I assume if you update to 1.6.2 and set the BPC AFTER CE it should work fine.
1.6.2 is integrated with CE which adds support for loadouts. With 1.6.1 you can only control outfits and drugs.

Hi again, I've determined that my save game was the issue. I started a new colony with the same mods and 1.6.2 works just fine, regardless of load order.

My current save was already running BPC 1.6.1 loaded before CE without issue. Once updated to 1.6.2 and getting the 'assign' menu error, I already tried switching the load order as you suggested but it still occurred. For whatever reason, the save combined with the previous version and load order didn't sit right with the new version. It's ok though, because I can still run 1.6.1 and use the animal zoning function with my current save.

Thanks for the help and continued work on your mod, RimWorld has an extra layer of hell without the animal zoning.

VouLT

Hello guys

I'm just ready for new release with a new feature to set a default outfit when a colonist joins the colony.
Can anyone give it a try before I push it to steam? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9syqkd11awn4xtx/BetterPawnControl_v1.6.4.zip?dl=0

Bombadil

Great mod VouLT, thanks for your hard work! Really hope it gets added to vanilla.
I had an idea for an extension to Better Pawn Control and was wondering how feasible it is: I'd love to be able to restrict zones based on time. E.g. a clone of the work schedule but as a zone schedule. Why? We could force all pawns to socialize in the one room, force my doctors to be near the hospital in shifts (of course I can restrict them now but they will be in the same zone 24/7), and staff a guard post in shifts. For animals it could be used to make sure they come back to the colony at night even if you don't have enough sleeping spots, or even to rotate through different grazing areas so they don't eat it bare. This could also apply to pawns if you have a darkness mod and really want them to be home before dark. This kind of extension might not be feasible at all but if it was, it would be great.
Anyway, thanks again for your mod!

VouLT

Hi Bombadil,

Your suggestion means to add another automation process based on a time period which would be complex to implement and also complicate to manage. In terms of UI only, this new feature would be massive! For this reason, I'll store this suggestion but I'll not take any action. Many, many thanks for the suggestion!

tigg

Could someone give me a link for the most recent A16 version please?

Bombadil

SpaceDorf

Quote from: VouLT on July 03, 2017, 04:56:49 PM
I'm just ready for new release with a new feature to set a default outfit when a colonist joins the colony.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9syqkd11awn4xtx/BetterPawnControl_v1.6.4.zip?dl=0

Since this feature works, how about another awesome feature that stops new recruits to march directly to the drug storage ?