[1.5] Better Pawn Control (v2.7)

Started by VouLT, October 04, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blues

As VouLT suggested, I just re-installed the 1.9,8 version and the bug didn't re-emerge. Problem solved. Thanks:)

VouLT

Hi @EntityFramework    What you are trying to do is a very cool feature that I personally would like it very much. At one point the world got the feature when BPC integrated with Combat Extended. So, we got Loadouts. You can check the code for Combat Extended here https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended.   This should help!

EntityFramework

Quote from: VouLT on December 20, 2018, 05:57:33 AM
Hi @EntityFramework    What you are trying to do is a very cool feature that I personally would like it very much. At one point the world got the feature when BPC integrated with Combat Extended. So, we got Loadouts. You can check the code for Combat Extended here https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended.   This should help!

Well, I just post the WIP version  of the mod I am trying to do. It works fine, but you have to overwrite the assembly.dll for that.. still no incompatibility issues.. Check the github repo:

https://github.com/ErnestUTN/Rimworld_WeaponsAndOutfits

VouLT

Hi @EntityFramework 

This is trully great!! Thank you very much for this! ;D

gaberad

I'm getting this odd behavior where if I save the game and then switch the restrict policy, when I reload the save the restrict policy doesn't change back to what it was when it was saved, and the allowed areas for the restrict policy it was switched to have been overwritten by the allowed areas for the restrict policy from before the save.

It's a bit hard to explain, but these are the steps, can anyone reproduce?

1. Create 2 areas: Main and Safe
2. Create 2 Restrict policies, Main and Safe, and set their allowed areas to Main and Safe areas respectively
3. Set the restrict policy to Main
4. Save
5. Set the restrict policy to Safe
6. Load the save (either from in-game, or quitting back to the main menu)

If I check the Restrict tab after loading the save, the Restrict policy is set to Safe, but the allowed areas are set to the Main area. If I switch to the Main policy, then switch back to the Safe policy, the Safe policy still has the Main allowed area (i.e. the Safe policy allowed area has been overwritten).

So it's like its loading the allowed area from the save (correctly), but remembering the last used restrict policy, and overwriting its allowed area or something.

This only happens for the Restrict tab, the Animals tab works fine in this regard. Doesn't happen if I quit to the desktop, restart RimWorld, and load from the main menu.

using v.1.9.8, tested it as the only mod activated.

VouLT

Hi Gaberad

Thank you for the report! I'll check!

xtitanx

Hi,
I was wondering how to use the police for the work tab. I set up a policy, but there is no way to use it on the work tab. The cog is missing. I have Fluffy's work tab installed, could that be an issue?

xtitanx

Hello,
I really love this mod, and would like to make a suggestion. I think it would be a great idea to link policies across the different groups, if possible.

For example, I am using the mod right now in the simplest way of having War/Peace policies. In each group I have set things for when there's no combat happening and for when I'm being raided. Right now, I have to go to each tab and set each one to War/Peace, so they match up.

It would be great if I could simply link a row of policy, so then when I switch it in one tab, it switches all the other tabs to the same policy group.

Cheers! Great mod!

VouLT

Hi xtitanx

Your last suggestion is a old time one already proposed by different people and one that I am also very fond of. The challange is the where and how one could manage those master buttons. Opening a tab, pressing the cog and then a button to select a policy that is applied to all tabs? What if you wish to only apply to 2 tabs but not three?

Currently, If you change on all tabs, it's 6 clicks.
If there is a master button on the cog screen, it's 3 clicks.
I think a master button on the cog screen is a bad idea. I don't think it is a easy problem to solve :-)

moonra

If possible you could add a toggleable button that links the setups with the same name.

xtitanx

Quote from: VouLT on January 29, 2019, 09:14:05 AM
Hi xtitanx

Your last suggestion is a old time one already proposed by different people and one that I am also very fond of. The challange is the where and how one could manage those master buttons. Opening a tab, pressing the cog and then a button to select a policy that is applied to all tabs? What if you wish to only apply to 2 tabs but not three?

Currently, If you change on all tabs, it's 6 clicks.
If there is a master button on the cog screen, it's 3 clicks.
I think a master button on the cog screen is a bad idea. I don't think it is a easy problem to solve :-)

But you don't have to select the cog to change a policy. You change it on the tab you're on. If I'm on the animals tab, I can set the animal policy directly on that tab.

What you would do is assign policy in a group inside the policy tab. It would be very easy to create a UI that allowed you to click create linkage between the tabs. Then when you change any policy on any tab, the others would auto set.

Once set up it would be a single click.

EntityFramework

Hi Voult, Just passing by to tell you that a revamped version of WeaponsAndOutfits is almost finished and I look forward to integrate your mod functionality within mine. :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

VouLT

@EntityFramework 
This is great!! NICE!

EntityFramework

Quote from: VouLT on February 15, 2019, 05:50:24 PM
@EntityFramework 
This is great!! NICE!

Thanks Voult!, btw I just released the public beta:

Ludeon forum: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48068.msg453787#msg453787
Github: https://github.com/ErnestUTN/WeaponsOfChoice/releases

I am trying to fiddle with your code to see If I can integrate it within my mod. Do you know if it is hard to make a patch in your mod to save and load the policies for the weapons column?

VouLT

Hello all!
I just released v1.9.9 which fixes a bug related to BPC data being re-used between saves during the same game session.