[1.5] Better Pawn Control (v2.7)

Started by VouLT, October 04, 2016, 07:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amnesiac

Is the dropbox link supposed to link to github? and only available in source code?

Canute

Just ignore the "Dropbox" behind Download, the author didn't adjust the text yet :-)
And yes Source code is the one you need to download.

EntityFramework

I recompiled your Mod to make it work with WeaponOfChoice  and it works just fine. I still need to fix a critical error in WeaponOfChoice though

VouLT

Hi EntityFramework,

As far as I can tell you shouldn't require to recompile your mod everytime a new version comes out from BPC, specially if the functions you integrating with haven't changed the signature. I've also stopped updating the Assembly version and started using the version.xml file instead. What do you think of this?

EntityFramework

Quote from: VouLT on February 25, 2019, 08:10:48 AM
Hi EntityFramework,

As far as I can tell you shouldn't require to recompile your mod everytime a new version comes out from BPC, specially if the functions you integrating with haven't changed the signature. I've also stopped updating the Assembly version and started using the version.xml file instead. What do you think of this?

Nono, I'm not recompiling my mod, I'm recompiling yours, because the changes to integrate your mod within mine are done in your assembly. If you want I can give the assembly or the code of your mod that I modified to make it compatible

Think3r

Hi,

excuse me if this has already been covered here but I couldn't find a search function to search only this topic: could you make this mod compatible with Pawn Rules, please? I used Better Pawn Control long before I wanted to restrict animal food in order to avoid animals getting fed meals by my colonists. But when I added Pawn Rules, all my policies got <overridden> - that's exactly the phrase. So instead of food policy, e.g. "Lavish", it read "<overridden>" which could not be changed by choosing other food policies.

Fortunately, I could savely deactivate/remove Pawn Rules after having played and saved the game for a couple of minutes, before I noticed the bug. I didn't use any of Pawn Rules' functions until this point.

Greetz

Pangaea

Is this mod compatible with Animal Tab or not? I'm unsure because in the first post there is a warning about it not being compatible, but then Fluffy is also thanked for working on Animal Tab integration.

My main wish is to make it less painful to switch animals back and forth between zones when raids happen.

JaJe

To me, it does not appear the policy tab on Work tab. I am using the Fluffy work tab mod. Any idea? or it is incompatible with his mod?
I ate without a table and I liked it.

VouLT

This mod is not fully compatible or with Fluffly's Animal Tab mod nor with Work Tab mod.

• If used with Animal Tab mod, the Animal Filter button disappears
  • If used with Work Tab mod, the BPC buttons, on the Work Tab, disappears
This mod was once compatible with Fluffy's Animal Tab and Fluffy's help was required to allow the integration. However it became incompatible after a change in Animal Tab. Unfortunately, there is no expectation for future compatibility at this present time. :(

Pangaea

Quote from: VouLT on November 19, 2019, 12:45:08 PM
This mod is not fully compatible or with Fluffly's Animal Tab mod nor with Work Tab mod.

• If used with Animal Tab mod, the Animal Filter button disappears
  • If used with Work Tab mod, the BPC buttons, on the Work Tab, disappears
This mod was once compatible with Fluffy's Animal Tab and Fluffy's help was required to allow the integration. However it became incompatible after a change in Animal Tab. Unfortunately, there is no expectation for future compatibility at this present time. :(

Thank you for this overview, that also answers my question above. I have used the mod anyway, however, and haven't had any problems with it. When comparing with/without it now, I see the differences you mention. They're not big misses though, at least for me. But then I only use Better Pawn Control to easily switch zones for the horde of animals between raids/peace.

Would be great if these mods were made fully compatible again, though, as I imagine quite a few people use them.

VouLT

Updated for 1.1! Available at https://github.com/voult2/BetterPawnControl/releases/tag/v2.0.3
Ready to push this to live! If anyone has the opportunity to test this new version in 1.1, with an 1.0 save, during the next hours, I would feel much safer!

VouLT

Quote from: steviebuk on February 23, 2020, 03:32:41 PM
I get this when loading a version 1 save

https://gist.github.com/01dcc41c8b1d781bb804803133c821e6
That's weird. It seems you are using an old version. Can you make sure you're using the version 2.0.3 from github?
I say this because version 2.0.3 no longer uses "targetVersion", and from the logs it seems you are using an old version that uses this old code (or configuration).  Can you please double check you are using the correct version?

steviebuk

I think those errors are talking about 2 other mods I can't seem to delete.

But I def have the 2.0.3 version.

2.0.2 is appearing in my list as well, which is odd as I have no folder for that version of the mod in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods folder.

steviebuk

I've worked out the mod folders and steam issue. So only have your mod now. But still get this

https://gist.github.com/5a761c10934235e06d1904135e122dea