[A16] Zorba's Miscellaneous Tweakery Mods

Started by ZorbaTHut, October 05, 2016, 02:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viewtiful

Thank you for A World Without Hats! Tuques and cowboy hats makes everyone look the same xD

gendalf

Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now isn't working on roofs.

Crafting Hysteresis suggestion: add a way to prioritize crafting with spoiling soon items (the text counting days, not the quality meter)

faltonico

"ZorbaTHut"
"Developer"

Congratulations on your promotion!

Thorbane

I love the Rabbits of Caerbannog mod, but it can get insanely laggy when the RNG decides you should get a pack of rodents.  Could we get a version that only allows any animal over a certain bodysize?

dylpil1998

Quote from: JaxelT on January 29, 2017, 09:15:26 PM
Out of curiosity, why on Earth did you take the approach in your mechanoid surgery mod of making it so that only doctors did it, instead of that it was based on Construction skill? Knowledge of medicine does not make one better at disassembling a TV, but being able to assemble a TV might.
He did this because it's just an absolute pain to set different work skills for jobs in Rimworld, but it's really easy to set the person who does a job with certain skills e.g. Mechanoid part removal is set to be the surgery skill, so a doctor should do the job, not a builder. Although I do agree with you, a builder should be the one who takes apart the mechanoids, not a doctor.

MarineStardust

so why is the Raindrops No Longer Fall On My Head mod obsolete?

Zhentar

Because in A16 the base game was changed to work exactly the same way that Raindrops did, so there's nothing for the mod to do.

boomalope taxidermist

A World Without Hats appears to be incompatible with Thirite's Simple Beard Framework. When using both mods together, the game behaves as if A World Without Hats isn't installed, even when AWWH is lower in the modlist.

Spiralwind

I really, really like your novel-like description. A perfect summary of the mods with such interesting dialogues as your mods does.

I downloaded a lot of your mods, and I feel really satisfying... Thank you for making such brilliant mods :)

crusader2010

Hello. I seem to be getting some errors from "Step away from the medicine". Are there any incompatibilities with Psychology? Attaching modsconfig.xml too.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Lethe

So, for the invisible hat mod, could you add an option in like mod settings or hotkey shortcut to enable and re-enable the mod while you're playing the game live? Or can you not really modify the running config like that? Because I, too, like hats on my pawns on the map, but also want to see their hair on portrait, but sometimes it's nice to have hatted portraits to check what hats (if any) everyone is wearing. We'll just refer to this dilemma as Schrodinger's hats.

So, um, here's some other mods ideas that seem up your alley.

A mod to strip and bury the dead. Or strip and haul, or strip and consume; you know, whatever floats your colony's boat. Basically when you have a corpse on your hands you're gonna wanna do something to it after you strip it. It just makes sense to combine it into one order issued.

A 'Clean your fucking room' mod which is exactly as it sounds. Forces non-cleaners to clean within X tiles of their own assigned bed. They still won't clean anywhere else, just their rooms. I see it playing out like this:

"Sammy, you keep complaining about this place being dirty. Why don't you just clean it up?"
"I don't clean. I cook and research. I can't possibly clean."
"You're seriously claiming you can't take a rag with water and scrub the dirt off the ground?"
"Yes, exactly!"
Fred pauses, then stares at Sammy.

"I'm stuck cleaning the entire colony everyday for two hours straight! I just want you to help out a little."
"I refuse to clean up other people's messes. Even my own. I'm far too skilled for such lowly work."

Fred picks up his gun.
"Sam, you're ugly, no one likes you here and you're unarmed. Just fucking do it or I'll shoot your god damn brains out."
A brief struggle ensues. Fred is able to press a gun against Sammy's head without much difficulty.
"Wait! Don't! What if... what if I just clean my room?"

'...'

"What's your cooking level again?"

< />

The last idea is for a mod that lets you makes tables not tables, but they're still tables, of course. You just can't use them. You're able to mark tables as do not use. They're just decorative, non-functioning tables.

Tables can have high beauty, thus placing them in colonist bedrooms for buffs is useful, but then they don't eat together and get buffs for that.

crusader2010

Quote from: ZorbaTHut on January 16, 2017, 04:20:26 AM
Fixes!

* Look At Me, I'm The Worker Now: Fixed a few cases that could result in the right-click menu not appearing at all.
* I Can Fix It!: Fixed an error generated when non-blueprintable owned buildings were destroyed (most commonly, snowmen.)

Hi. There might be an issue remaining from "Look at me, I'm the worker now" or maybe some other related mod (like the poster from here had: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30561.0). The strange thing is I am having the exact same error with a save, but I don't have the mod installed (nor do I remember having it by mistake at the start of the colony, since it's not compatible with CR). Thank you! :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

faltonico

Hi there!
This is not an error but a warning, but an extremely spammy one, extremely as in having 5000+ lines of the same thing in a row, and i think it can be related to "look at me, I am the worker now:
    hege
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
ImTheWorkerNow.FloatMenuMakerMap_Detour:AddUndraftedOrders(Vector3, Pawn, List`1)
RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap:ChoicesAtFor(Vector3, Pawn)
RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap:TryMakeFloatMenu(Pawn)
RimWorld.Selector:HandleMapClicks()
RimWorld.Selector:SelectorOnGUI()
RimWorld.MapInterface:HandleLowPriorityInput()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Also as of late, i have been noticing that, when using a floating menu (like right click on an item), all of the things currently at the screen like pawns and animals, become shaky, and start zig-zaging increasingly more violently.
Also, several times i had the following error when the same shakiness got so out of hand, that the pawns animals just got out of the borders of the map, that error though, didn't happen again when i uninstalled zhentar's better pathfinding:
Exception drawing Boomrat2597121: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Verse.RoofGrid.Roofed (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic_Shadow.DrawWorker (Vector3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.ThingDef thingDef, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic.Draw (Vector3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (Vector3 drawLoc, RotDrawMode bodyDrawType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker.DrawAt (Vector3 loc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.DrawAt (Vector3 drawLoc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

EDIT: I confirmed that I'm the worker now was the one spamming the warnings, but the shakiness seems to be related to other mod.

faltonico

Another post for another error, this time is related to "Step away from the medicine" and "alien races framework" somehow:
Faction Hinhiterera Amalgamation has null relation with Hinhiterera Amalgamation. Returning dummy relation.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.Faction:RelationWith(Faction, Boolean)
RimWorld.FactionUtility:HostileTo(Faction, Faction)
StepAway.Pawn_PlayerSettings_Detour:ResetPPSMedicalCare(Pawn_PlayerSettings, Pawn)
StepAway.Pawn_PlayerSettings_Detour:Pawn_PlayerSettings(Pawn_PlayerSettings, Pawn)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:Invoke(BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo, Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[], Object[])
System.Activator:CreateInstance(Type, Object[])
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:LookDeep(Pawn_PlayerSettings&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:LookDeep(Pawn_PlayerSettings&, String, Object[])
Verse.Pawn:ExposeData()
AlienRace.AlienPawn:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Collections:LookList(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:LookHashSet(HashSet`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode)
Verse.Scribe_Collections:LookHashSet(HashSet`1&, String, LookMode)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:LookDeep(WorldPawns&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:LookDeep(WorldPawns&, String, Object[])
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeComponents()
RimWorld.Planet.World:ExposeData()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__736()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

There is an error string for every faction in my game. Disabling step away stops the error.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Lethe on February 17, 2017, 08:42:54 PM
So, for the invisible hat mod, could you add an option in like mod settings or hotkey shortcut to enable and re-enable the mod while you're playing the game live? Or can you not really modify the running config like that? Because I, too, like hats on my pawns on the map, but also want to see their hair on portrait, but sometimes it's nice to have hatted portraits to check what hats (if any) everyone is wearing. We'll just refer to this dilemma as Schrodinger's hats.

So, um, here's some other mods ideas that seem up your alley.

A mod to strip and bury the dead. Or strip and haul, or strip and consume; you know, whatever floats your colony's boat. Basically when you have a corpse on your hands you're gonna wanna do something to it after you strip it. It just makes sense to combine it into one order issued.

A 'Clean your fucking room' mod which is exactly as it sounds. Forces non-cleaners to clean within X tiles of their own assigned bed. They still won't clean anywhere else, just their rooms. I see it playing out like this:

"Sammy, you keep complaining about this place being dirty. Why don't you just clean it up?"
"I don't clean. I cook and research. I can't possibly clean."
"You're seriously claiming you can't take a rag with water and scrub the dirt off the ground?"
"Yes, exactly!"
Fred pauses, then stares at Sammy.

"I'm stuck cleaning the entire colony everyday for two hours straight! I just want you to help out a little."
"I refuse to clean up other people's messes. Even my own. I'm far too skilled for such lowly work."

Fred picks up his gun.
"Sam, you're ugly, no one likes you here and you're unarmed. Just fucking do it or I'll shoot your god damn brains out."
A brief struggle ensues. Fred is able to press a gun against Sammy's head without much difficulty.
"Wait! Don't! What if... what if I just clean my room?"

'...'

"What's your cooking level again?"

< />

The last idea is for a mod that lets you makes tables not tables, but they're still tables, of course. You just can't use them. You're able to mark tables as do not use. They're just decorative, non-functioning tables.

Tables can have high beauty, thus placing them in colonist bedrooms for buffs is useful, but then they don't eat together and get buffs for that.
just wondering is there any issues that arise from disabling it from the mod menu mid game?