[A15] Mutagens and Psionic Drugs V1.3 (10/16/16)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 05, 2016, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

Alright, I ended up having a guy get two plated arms after taking igni again.

Draegon

Btw, would it be possible for multiple arms to be a mutation? Like growing 2 more arms, which would allow for more carrying.
The same guy now has strong back, 2 plated arms, core heart, AND rage from the same igni. it's insane lol

BetaSpectre

I would love to see physical changes on my chars xD
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Draegon on October 12, 2016, 10:41:12 PM
Btw, would it be possible for multiple arms to be a mutation? Like growing 2 more arms, which would allow for more carrying.
The same guy now has strong back, 2 plated arms, core heart, AND rage from the same igni. it's insane lol

I could emulate it, but couldn't add an actual body part with its own hit points. It has to do with how bodies are defined, they don't allow for that kind of change.

I got horns coming with a new mutagen for the next update, and they work by applying a hediff to the head (just like the flowers mutation). They function properly, allowing the colonist to headbutt with them. But, they sadly cannot be shot off.

ChromeMax

I know how to install mods, but I would much rather prefer this to be on the steam workshop. Any ETA? Also when will you be resuming the crystalloid mod?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: ChromeMax on October 13, 2016, 08:58:11 AM
I know how to install mods, but I would much rather prefer this to be on the steam workshop. Any ETA? Also when will you be resuming the crystalloid mod?

Once I get the bulk of the content finished, I would then put it on the workshop. And Crystalloid will be updated when CCL is updated for A15

Draegon

Colonist went on a booze binge and took igni instead even though I had beer. Weird update, he drank beer after he took the drug.

Draegon

I was wondering if there will be a drug added that rapidly speeds up immunity gain but has a high mutation chance? Because some sicknesses take insane amounts of time to cure.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Draegon on October 14, 2016, 01:50:16 PM
I was wondering if there will be a drug added that rapidly speeds up immunity gain but has a high mutation chance? Because some sicknesses take insane amounts of time to cure.

Drugs with a use, but the potential to get unwanted mutations? Interesting.

Btw, Sil has a mutation that increases blood filtration, viperous blood.

Draegon

Yeah, I'm full of ideas lol. And awesome, I'll have EVERYONE take tons of sil :D You get drugs, you get drugs, you get drugs, everybody here gets drugs!

sasuke97

Hey, I got a colonist with both rage and calm mutations. First I made my colonist take a pill and it developed the rage mutation. Then I waited some time and made the same colonist take another pill and he developed the calm mutation. I dont know if you made it work like that but I'm just letting you know. Great mod by the way :)

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: sasuke97 on October 16, 2016, 12:13:53 PM
Hey, I got a colonist with both rage and calm mutations. First I made my colonist take a pill and it developed the rage mutation. Then I waited some time and made the same colonist take another pill and he developed the calm mutation. I dont know if you made it work like that but I'm just letting you know. Great mod by the way :)

I have that fixed for next release, it was just missing a small thing that allowed immunities to take effect.

AtomicRavioli

Updated to V1.3

Mutagens are much lower in price -> 415 silver now, base price. (To compensate for the chance of nothing happening)
Added two new mutagens: Ursa and Midia
Immunities should be fixed now

Igni's speed mutation works differently now, numbers are subject to tweaking.

Future plans:
-More psionics!
-more mutations to existing mutagens

Draegon

Yay, a new update! Might I suggest two things? I'm thinking webbed feet/hands for faster water movement (which will be great if my mod plans of an island biome end up going through) and a psionic mutation that makes it easier to tame animals. Adding them is your choice of course. :D

ChromeMax

Quote from: Draegon on October 17, 2016, 10:40:18 AM
Yay, a new update! Might I suggest two things? I'm thinking webbed feet/hands for faster water movement (which will be great if my mod plans of an island biome end up going through) and a psionic mutation that makes it easier to tame animals. Adding them is your choice of course. :D
Well, webs actually slow down amphibian movement. The only water tiles that colonists can walk on are most amphibian. Ever tried walking in a pool with fins? Yeah it's pretty tough.