[A15] Pottery Mod

Started by MasterDihtung, October 06, 2016, 07:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterDihtung

A15 Pottery Mod

A small mod that adds craftable pottery to sculpting table.

I have played rimworld for a while and during that time I made a number of smaller mods for my personal use (mostly minor cosmetic changes to the game, some new plants, hairs, weapons, etc...) and I decided I should share them with you. This is the first one! I might upload some more in the future.

Currently this mod contains only decorative urns. It has 5 different varieties of them, and I plan to add more later, along with more types of decorative pottery. Urns have less beauty than sculptures, but are easier to make and require less materials. They can be crafted from stones, woods and metals.

All sprites are drawn by me and feel free to use them in your own mods or whatever.

Download:

MOVED TO:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26910.msg272217#msg272217

skullywag

Genious little addition. Nicely done.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

lance789

this is neat! will you be adding more pottery items? i say the more decor items the better :D

Dingo

Neat-o. Definitely going to play with this when I start a new colony.

Serenity

Those could be used in a crematorium recipe. Urn + body = filled urn. Can be visited for "joy" like a grave.

MasterDihtung

Quote from: skullywag on October 06, 2016, 08:26:17 AM
Genious little addition. Nicely done.
Many thanks skullywag!

Quote from: lance789 on October 06, 2016, 09:10:53 AM
this is neat! will you be adding more pottery items? i say the more decor items the better :D
Sure! I have a few more that lack a few finishing touches, so I haven't bothered implementing them into the mod. Sometime in the near future, as soon as I get some free time!

Quote from: Serenity on October 06, 2016, 09:53:32 AM
Those could be used in a crematorium recipe. Urn + body = filled urn. Can be visited for "joy" like a grave.

I thought about that and I might get that done as well! Just don't know when exactly. I have vary little free time lately...

MasterDihtung

Quote from: Dingo on October 06, 2016, 09:22:27 AM
Neat-o. Definitely going to play with this when I start a new colony.

You don't have to do that! I tried this mod, and it's savegame friendly...as far as I know, at least.

Dingo

I know, I'm just not playing right now :P (waiting for CCL)

chappelkebabistan

Quote from: Serenity on October 06, 2016, 09:53:32 AM

Why does this make me think of Patrick Swayze?  :-\ :o

Ashardalon411

"Long ago many peoples and civilizations have died because he did not shut up their food in sealed containers such as pottery ..."

Why not add this dynamic and more beings beautiful objects to see?

It would be enough to add a modifier to decrease the rate at which perishable items can lapse into more dynamic temperature, right?

Hydromancerx

This is a great small mod! Can you make one like this but for Baskets? Thanks in advance!

MasterDihtung

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on October 24, 2016, 02:29:05 PM
"Long ago many peoples and civilizations have died because he did not shut up their food in sealed containers such as pottery ..."

Why not add this dynamic and more beings beautiful objects to see?

It would be enough to add a modifier to decrease the rate at which perishable items can lapse into more dynamic temperature, right?

If I recall, someone already did make a mod like that! Just didn't update it to A15 I think...also I forgot who it was that made it.
That's kinda why I did not want to make these into a storage containers... just pretty much useless clutter.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 25, 2016, 07:23:18 AM
This is a great small mod! Can you make one like this but for Baskets? Thanks in advance!

I was planning on updating this later today. I got some more pottery to add. After that, yeah, baskets could be next on to-do list! I'll just combine it into a big crappy tribal arts and crafts mod.

Hydromancerx

Yay! Thank you!

In that case woven mats too!

MasterDihtung

Just to let everyone know, from now on this mod will be moved to my main mod thread and it will be updated there.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26910.msg272217#msg272217

I'll be removing this thread shortly.

Hydromancerx

Please Update for Alpha 16!