Picnic Cloth? Possible Mod?

Started by Havan_IronOak, October 06, 2016, 08:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Havan_IronOak

In my current game I've got several large ore deposits a loooong way from my base. I've contemplated building a table so that the miner going out there every day doesn't suffer the "ate standing up" debuff. 

It occurred to me that a  picnic cloth might be a more elegant solution.  Either something that the miner could carry with him like equipment or that could be built by a constructor out of cloth very quickly.  Is there already a solution to this mini-problem that I've overlooked?

If not, how does my idea sound?

O Negative

I'm fond of the idea of a picnic cloth.

Alternatively, you could always build a small table, uninstall it, and reinstall it wherever you need it :) Same goes for chairs.

PieTau

i had also this problem and my miner had a pegleg so going back to base took ages.

i had my builder make little houses for her: bed, table, stool, heater, battery. The heater and the battery(fully charged) came from main base and were the only things that moved when all was done there.
She brought 10 pakaged meals to a stockpile there.
A restriced zone made sure she wont come back home for a chat or for sleeping with her man. and a other zone so the other people dont go to there for chat, a meal or 35steel.
it is some work to get it done but the mining gets done very quickly with a smile.

for ores that are very far i would still build mini-base, but for things a bit out of the base a picnic cloth would be usefull. the problem with table/chair is that it requaire 2 trips to instal so when mining is half done you get bonus

Arctic_fox

Quote from: PieTau on October 09, 2016, 08:14:56 AM
i had also this problem and my miner had a pegleg so going back to base took ages.

i had my builder make little houses for her: bed, table, stool, heater, battery. The heater and the battery(fully charged) came from main base and were the only things that moved when all was done there.
She brought 10 pakaged meals to a stockpile there.
A restriced zone made sure she wont come back home for a chat or for sleeping with her man. and a other zone so the other people dont go to there for chat, a meal or 35steel.
it is some work to get it done but the mining gets done very quickly with a smile.

for ores that are very far i would still build mini-base, but for things a bit out of the base a picnic cloth would be usefull. the problem with table/chair is that it requaire 2 trips to instal so when mining is half done you get bonus

This guy beat me to it, Best way to get things done is to pick your miner and make a miners shack and lock him into it with food a table bed and chair with light and heat/cooling (i usually use a passive cooler or campfire as they are usually cheaper then a battery and cooler) and a wooden horseshoe peg then make a low priority stockpile that is the only one the miner can get via zones to but that the haulers can reach easily again via zones and set hauling to #1 priority and mining to #2, This slows it down a bit but keeps a steady flow of whatever flowing to you, And as you get deeper just move the shack down the shaft with him but leave stockpile in same place or make it one step over low and make a new low priority one deeper then just occasionally add the first stockpile back to allowed zone so he moves the materal to where your haulers can get at it (or if you have animals its sorts its self out.

I do the same thing with farms i put the one farmer in a house somewhat near to the main base with a small to medium fridge then have a large one attached to the base that the produce is moved into from the small farm fridge, Then this large fridge opens into a kitchen which is then attached to a small fride i use for meals which is attached to the dining room, Best way i've found to solve the "oh i'm going to eat a raw potato even though there is a giant pile of lavish meals i need to walk over to get to said potato then go berserk and murder 2 of my buddy's" issue.

jmababa

yea a miner's shack that miner can move to next mining area when he's done mining a hill or mountain