[A15] Time-of-Day Switches

Started by merthsoft, October 06, 2016, 09:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merthsoft

Hello! I've created a mod that enables power switches to be configured to be on or off depending on the current in-game time.

Steam download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=776114412
Stand alone download: http://merthsoft.com/TimerSwitches_3.zip

Thanks to Dingo and avilmask testing, suggestions, and XML help :)

License is WTFPL.

orannj

Dingo

kaptain_kavern

Simple and yet was lacking.
Brilliant

Thanks for this one

Nommy

Nice idea, looks cool. One question: does this modify the vanilla switch or add a separate time based power switch?

The reason I ask is there are a couple of mods which modify the vanilla switch and AFAIK they aren't compatible with each other because they weren't implemented as new buildings or whatever switches are and if this mod does the same it's going to be incompatible with them too which would be a shame.

merthsoft

This adds a new building entirely, so it should be compatible with the other mods :)

Glad everyone likes it!

BlackSmokeDMax

Nommy

Quote from: merthsoft on October 07, 2016, 09:47:05 AM
This adds a new building entirely, so it should be compatible with the other mods :)
Nice, thanks!

sidfu

there was alrady a mod that did this and more aka senseingg eneimis and if a person in the room but think it got abandoned 2 alpha ago.

harpo99999

there is haplo's power switch mod, that has timers, pawn in roon, pawn nearby and enemies in 90 tiles fnctions, and it IS a15 released

Serenity

The interface here is better though. And in Haplo's mod you need two researches to get to timers. That's not to say it's bad. I guess it's personal preference, but if all you want is timed switches, it's bit awkward.

Dingo

I personally intend to use both when I'm done fussing about and actually play. I think merth was talking about trying to integrate it into Haplo's mod which would also be great (just replace the timing function there with this one).

123nick

could you make this switch a seperate object? many mods already modify the default switch. it may cause even more incompatabilities.

Dingo

merthsoft

It is currently a separate object. It would be cool if it could also be added into Haplo's mod, so people who want to whole shebang just need one mod, but people who just one the time-of-day stuff could use this one.