Strange weather bug that makes saved games unplayable

Started by crusader2010, October 08, 2016, 12:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hello. It is the second time I get wrecked by some kind of a bug.
The problem is that I cannot load any of my saved games anymore, after a sudden weather bug (not sure this is the real reason). The loading process seems to successfully get to 90% of "loading assets", but then the "Error while loading a map" message appears. I've tried loading older autosaves, but they do not work either. My only option is to start a new colony...

1. The first time it happened, my screen went black and could only see the colonist names moving on the map (no objects were visible anymore). Each movement direction the colonists took, on the way to their destinations the "ground" turned into rainbows (like the artifacts that show up when something is wrong with your video card). I know for a fact that it's not my video card (been testing it with much more demanding games), and the artifacts were only limited to the game window.

2. The second time it happened, it was a "foggy rain" weather outside (see the saved game below), which suddenly covered everything but the colonist names. This time there were no artifacts/rainbows, but the problem of not seeing anything else on the map remained (except the colonist names). There was no special action or event prior to this occurrence.

Link to the saved game: LINK

Any help is appreciated  :)

PS: there were some mod errors, but don't mind them. The game worked fine with everything loaded.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Serenity

Seems to be some issue with the way certain mods are written. A lot of people have reported this lately. Ruined one of my games, but only two years in for some reason.

crusader2010

Quote from: Serenity on October 08, 2016, 12:40:15 PM
Seems to be some issue with the way certain mods are written. A lot of people have reported this lately. Ruined one of my games, but only two years in for some reason.

What is strange is that every time the weather was involved somehow. I don't think any of my mods are changing the vanilla weather code.

crusader2010

YEY! Managed to load my saved game! See this post:  LINK

skullywag

Its not about mods touching the things that break, its the use of core abstracts in mods (should and cannot be done without errors occuring in all kinds of wonderful places) modders need to stop doing this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?