New endgame?

Started by Arctic_fox, October 09, 2016, 06:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic_fox

So im sure this has been suggested before but i didnt see it in the FAQ thread and google came up blank so....

Currently the only way to "win" is build a ship and leave, How about an endgame where if you last X years and build X wealth with X numver of colonists for X time and actully colonize the planet you win.

Could even take it one step further if the ability to have several towns on the same map trading back and forth is ever introduced and require X number of citys/outposts.

Always thought it strange the only way to win is to leave, Afterall if you have a good town going with tons of food and resources that is comfy a lot of people may like to settle down.

Alenerel

I think that building a spaceship is already that kind of objective, you have to be researching for at least X time and building the spaceship itself costs a ton, so I see your suggestion pretty redundant.

Arctic_fox

Quote from: Alenerel on October 10, 2016, 04:08:00 AM
I think that building a spaceship is already that kind of objective, you have to be researching for at least X time and building the spaceship itself costs a ton, so I see your suggestion pretty redundant.

Point but at.the same time not as well with the spaceship you can just grab one colonist or bumrush a ship in 4 days (as some have done) i was thinking more of it requireing one or 2 wonders of the world, In addition to  a few very impresive rooms , and maybe requireing you to live for 20+ years on the planet.

Something like that, As for the outpost comment if you ever get to the point where you can have several of your own towns on the map even if they cant see each other would be intersting to require 2 or 3 outposts and one large city as well to make victory conditions, Could even have it so after you "win" the city stays on the map like current pirate bases but you cant acess it anymore and depending on past actions turns either into a friendly or hostile group to the rest of the map to interact with new citys.

right now the ship is pretty dull in all honesty and is just an end to the colony, and does nothing really useful other then an im bored button.

Lightzy

There have certainly been suggestions along these lines, but a bit more intricate in that they relate to the "embark scenario"..

Stranded in a crash, makes sense to build a ship and escape (although rather silly that you have to research metal crafting when you can kitbash a freakin solar energy farms with everything that entails).

A tribe should probably have the objective of conquering the planet (off-colony raids) or at least, destroy the mechanized hive that destroyed their village (thus, have to train and gather a large army and send them with equipment and everything to a new-map procedural generated "final combat mission" against a well defended mechanoid hive.

A glitterworld noble start should probably have the win condition of creating a bustling, wealthy colony with himself as king or whatever.

I think the more "embark scenarios" are suggested, the more vic. conditions could make sense

JuicyPVP

I do like the idea of win conditions being "modular" in the scenario editor, like each default scenario have a default win condition, but then in the scenario editor you can add whichever you wanted.