[MOD] Shields!

Started by Darker, March 25, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleMikey

Quote from: joshwoo69 on May 12, 2014, 08:13:22 AM
Quote from: Austupaio on May 12, 2014, 01:28:00 AM
The shield works very simply, and I like it for that. Any bullet can go out, no bullet can come in.

It can very much work against you if you don't use them carefully. For example, if a bunch of tribals swarm your shooters who are inside the shield, then the tribals are in the shield...

You could hook them up to a switch from the Power Switches mod and use that as a controller for now.
Oh.... I foresee the great misery happening. Can't you have a button to turn it off? Or at least cut the powah. :)

Austupaio

Yeah, it's got a power switch just like lights.

Rousel

Hay! So I'm currently in love with the idea of more sci-fi items in the game, I was thinking, okay, so we can make force fields.. and that it's going to be supported in the main build, so its a thing.. then, why not Force Field Doors? You know, more expensive than electric doors, uses more power too but opens / closes faster, has a glowing effect so it doubles as a kind of a light for that entrance, it comes in Red, blue and green? So the model would be two like brackets on each side of the door frame with then a field of light between the brackets?

joshwoo69

Quote from: Rousel on May 12, 2014, 07:01:30 PM
Hay! So I'm currently in love with the idea of more sci-fi items in the game, I was thinking, okay, so we can make force fields.. and that it's going to be supported in the main build, so its a thing.. then, why not Force Field Doors? You know, more expensive than electric doors, uses more power too but opens / closes faster, has a glowing effect so it doubles as a kind of a light for that entrance, it comes in Red, blue and green? So the model would be two like brackets on each side of the door frame with then a field of light between the brackets?
Don't find it like a force field door... more like a adv electric door :)

Darth Fool

Force field doors would be cool.  They should allow very rapid open/closing, but should default to open (obviously) when there is no power to them.

Crimsonknight3

Going along the sci fi idea, what above a procedural "wall shield" example you place a wall of magnetic field generators or some such name then provide power. A shield wall that allows people travel but not bullets

Rousel

Crim, it should also repel mechanized Humans!

joshwoo69

Quote from: Rousel on May 13, 2014, 06:07:47 PM
Or take damage and repealed

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: Rousel on May 13, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

Good idea, and the post under yours, good idea also, it makes sense that robots would be damaged by a strong magnetic force. Or perhaps have force field, purely stopping bullets as tier 1, tier 2 repelling robots and bullets tier 3 also damaging robots and tier 4 more damage and also stopping humanoids from entering (or perhaps just strong damage or stun effects) ofc not being an insta-kill wall even at tier 4... Maybe the more damage the wall does to robot/human the more power it drains...

Vas

Quote from: Tynan on March 26, 2014, 08:14:14 PM
You attach a license to the mod, including all the code and content. This license says how people are allowed to use your work (which you automatically own exclusive copyright over by default).

Licensing is an automatic part of the resource management system in XenForo! :P

Also I love this mod.  Wish I could play sometime soon. xP
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mrofa

Hmm got a bit of a problem with a shield, it eats power regardles if i switch it on or off, also thers a wierd time after shield is build that it dont eats power at all, yet it charges itself and remain at 100% for some time, it taks some time didnt check if its time base or it got any other trigger, it dont eats power during that time.

Also i got a small suggestion, that there would be a power charge ability, that would havled remaning charge time but will drain 10x -20x more power. It could be toggable so it would work also on fully deployed forcfield to regenerate 2x-3x faster.
All i do is clutter all around.

Celthric Aysen

same...
it doesn't use power until you load your save.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Anexgohan

Hi,
Does this work with Alpha 4 can anyone verify this please, I'm starting a new game with mods would like to know if its safe to use. I know its for Alpha 3 but just hoping it does not conflict with Alpha 4 core game.

Videotapes

Anexgohan, I tried earlier and it throws a bunch of errors when the mod is selected for use.  I don't know if it still functions in-game or not.

Justin C

A lot has changed with the code between Alpha 3 and Alpha 4. Any mod that uses any kind of library will need to be updated before it will work with Alpha 4.