[MOD] Shields!

Started by Darker, March 25, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

And darker appears to have disapeared off the face of the Ludeon forums, so this will probably not be getting updated.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

iame6162013

maybe a moderator should make the title say this mod is alpha 3.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Evmeister

Wonder if it's possible to pick this mod up and resurrect it. Unless Tynan has something in the works. I know he said he wanted to put it in the main release.

Haplo

As Darker is absent I've updated the source he provided to work with alpha 4.
I didn't do much to it, just updated the necessary parts of his provided source code.
The source still remains Darkers and I hope he didn't mind that I did this.
If something comes up, that makes this unwanted, I'll remove it ASAP.
Until then, have fun :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ctgill

Quote from: Haplo on June 03, 2014, 02:06:15 PM
I didn't do much to it, just updated the necessary parts of his provided source code.

A scholar and a gentleman. Many thanks!
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".

Tuvka

pauloman

Perfect, thats great news!

Anexgohan

Hey Haplo,
Thank you for updating this, also I think Darker won't mind hopefully if he does i'll send him some Canadian Cheese.

Coenmcj

I should try and jinx stuff more often.
Quote from: Coenmcj on June 03, 2014, 04:55:50 AM
this will probably not be getting updated.
Cheers Haplo.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

johntiger

There's probably new stuff in Alpha 4 that interferes with this mod because something was attacking the shield even though there's no bullets fired.

CmdrQuartz

It's probably seeds from stuff like poverty grass. The little dot they send off to spread apparently counts as a projectile.

Jones-250

Quote from: CmdrQuartz on June 04, 2014, 02:41:02 AM
It's probably seeds from stuff like poverty grass. The little dot they send off to spread apparently counts as a projectile.
We need a mod that makes pollen act like bullets, hurting colonists and such. Hardcore!
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Jones-250 on June 04, 2014, 03:20:33 AM
We need a mod that makes pollen act like bullets, hurting colonists and such. Hardcore!

Definitely killer hay fever, that.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

johntiger

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 04, 2014, 03:34:02 AM
Quote from: Jones-250 on June 04, 2014, 03:20:33 AM

Definitely killer hay fever, that.

Make it seasonal with this awesome event: Alert! Killer hay fever active! Take shelter or you will take damage until death.

Darker

I have added the Haplo's link to the original post. Thank you a lot Haplo.

I'm not sure if I'll be ever developing Rim World mods again. Mostly that's because I have never bought Rim World (I don't have Steam or internet banking - or money for that matter) and I always felt like outlaw here. Because of this, I also only could rely on latest debug versions.

I did not play the game very much though, so I feel no guilt. I rather made mods and the map editor (which is also long outdated).

QuoteMake it seasonal with this awesome event: Alert! Killer hay fever active! Take shelter or you will take damage until death.
Actually, tiberium seeds in my tiberium mod did damage colonists.
However Tiberium mod never made it out of the testing zone.
Please... Throw human readable errors on savefile parsing failure!!!
Rim world editor Editor on GIT