Alpha 3 release date?

Started by a89a89, March 25, 2014, 09:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

I'm pretty sure he was kidding, no?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Thunder Rahja

Quote from: Hancake on March 27, 2014, 02:32:44 PMCreeps? They employ about 300 people, it's a bit harsh to brand them all creeps.

I can't help but notice a distinct Steam-Hate on this forum which isn't really that pleasant, though everyone else has been really friendly and lovely..

I have no hate for Valve or Steam, but you should read this old 2010 post to see what I mean: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3692

Also for people who haven't seen it yet: http://imgur.com/aSlHhl0

On topic, the in-game music is something I'll be looking forward to. It really can set the mood for the game when used at the right times.

James009

Quote from: Hancake on March 27, 2014, 02:32:44 PM
Quote from: Thunder1 on March 26, 2014, 08:49:23 PM
Be thankful he doesn't seem to have a hat obsession like those creeps over at Valve do.

Creeps? They employ about 300 people, it's a bit harsh to brand them all creeps.

I can't help but notice a distinct Steam-Hate on this forum which isn't really that pleasant, though everyone else has been really friendly and lovely..
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that Valve hired one single person to do all those hats (and paid them quite well). Regardless, it's pretty much business a perfectly acceptable business practice because people keep on buying the damn hats and addons. We shouldn't fault them for delivering what the market demands, that's capitalism! Honestly, Valve is singlehandedly one of the best things to happen to PC gaming in the past two decades.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

bluntfeather

That guy was joking about Valve being creeps. As far as just one person designing hats, maybe at the company but they also accept and pay for user made hats. Hats.

Looking forward to A3! I hope the pathfinding system got a little love.

Pirx Danford

Quote from: Thunder1 on March 27, 2014, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: Hancake on March 27, 2014, 02:32:44 PMCreeps? They employ about 300 people, it's a bit harsh to brand them all creeps.

I have no hate for Valve or Steam, but you should read this old 2010 post to see what I mean: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3692

Also for people who haven't seen it yet: http://imgur.com/aSlHhl0

On topic, the in-game music is something I'll be looking forward to. It really can set the mood for the game when used at the right times.

I read the blog entry and in this context "creeps" is spot on. The folks from the TF2 team pictured themselves this way. And I must say I like it when developers don't take themselves too seriously - its even awesomer when they play with the jokes the community makes and are not insulted by them.

Anyway on topic... the changelog entries make me drool to get my hands on A3.
The game should become much more interesting! :-D

Benny the Icepick

Quote from: Hancake on March 27, 2014, 02:32:44 PMI can't help but notice a distinct Steam-Hate on this forum which isn't really that pleasant, though everyone else has been really friendly and lovely..

Easy there, Hancake.  Pretty sure the comment was made in good humor.

confusedwings

humor... i think that should be in the topic 'off-topic' :p

anyway... so a real date isn't known? i learned this game just a week ago and i must say it has good potentials and can't wait for a big update :p

Plasmatic

Quote from: confusedwings on March 28, 2014, 01:33:13 PM
humor... i think that should be in the topic 'off-topic' :p

anyway... so a real date isn't known? i learned this game just a week ago and i must say it has good potentials and can't wait for a big update :p

Tynan (the lone programmer working on this game) is wrapping up the process from what I can tell so I would expect the release to come in the first half of April.. (but don't sue me if it's not)

Tynan

I'll give a release in April a 96% confidence interval.

Hancake

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on March 28, 2014, 12:36:56 PM
Quote from: Hancake on March 27, 2014, 02:32:44 PMI can't help but notice a distinct Steam-Hate on this forum which isn't really that pleasant, though everyone else has been really friendly and lovely..

Easy there, Hancake.  Pretty sure the comment was made in good humor.

I've seen it in other threads too, I guess I'm not good at interpreting humour over the internet :C (sorry)

Ender

Quote from: Hancake on March 27, 2014, 02:32:44 PM
Quote from: Thunder1 on March 26, 2014, 08:49:23 PM
Be thankful he doesn't seem to have a hat obsession like those creeps over at Valve do.

Creeps? They employ about 300 people, it's a bit harsh to brand them all creeps.

bah, i love steam. and ya i do like valve a fair amount to! you cant simply deny how much steam has really brought together a gaming world into a community on one place, you don't see "Game-stops" PC sales website doing that.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

darkwing88

Im really looking forward to alpha3.

Rimworld is quite amazing and each time there are new features I want to play once again for few hours :) More npc interaction and raider types will make for such fun gameplay I literally am checking forums/changelog every day for last 3 weeks ;)

Daveodeth

Quote from: Tynan on March 28, 2014, 02:46:15 PM

Yeah but what year.  8)

Tynan

Quote from: Daveodeth on March 30, 2014, 08:39:56 AM
Quote from: Tynan on March 28, 2014, 02:46:15 PM

Yeah but what year.  8)

Blast! I am discovered.