Shared Map RP Meta-Game (Sign Up!)

Started by Hydromancerx, September 21, 2016, 07:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic_fox

Ok I'll bite, This seems like fun.

Random starting location

Meet the founders of Muffalo point

Our fearless leader, Born of the Muffalo shaman of old and direct descendant of the people of the stars here to lead us to a brighter future, For unknown reasons he was cast out of his old tribe and shunned, His secret however is as a boy he broke tribal customs and entered an ancient ruin considered sacred to all tribes known as the place where the descendants of all crashed in a ship of glittering stone from the sun came to this vast world, He found an ancient trinket in this ancient temple of the gods that is a large thin slab of a material whos name has long been lost to the people with a strange glass and rock upon the top, Engraved upon the bottom in script so old only the shaman still know it are the words "Personal survival computer of Captain Arctic Fox" Whos name is legend as being the one to lead the sun ship through the skies and the one who tried to teach the people the ways of building before being betrayed to this day the Arctic fox is considered a holy animal as a homage to this legend and killing one save in the most desperate of need is considered a curse punishable by death via fire, This strange slab can be opened to reveal buttons and a square of even stranger glass, This slab when left in the sun all day will cause the glass inside to glow and show the sacred words of the old, The buttons can then be made to move and change these words, The words tell of new things and ideas, What to do with them and how to build them.

Grey when he tried to show this astounding find to his father he was cast out and chased for many moons by his tribe they thinking he cursed them by entering the shrine who's name has been lost to time, He has now founded his own tribe and intends to use the sacred slabs words to help his people learn thinking it foolish to spit on this gift from the gods and his direct ancestors, He is also very learned in the way of arts and is able to make things from paint and wood and stone that are pleasing to the eyes, He is however unabashedly lazy and will never be caught cleaning or helping move objects unless it suits his own needs.

Our warrior and defender, He lost his family and his tribe to bandits and evil blood machines of the gods, He will not stop defending his new family until his dying breath he is a master of arms and can use any weapon known to the people.

Our builder, Strong, Powerful and dedicated, She knows the rocks of caves and which are able to be dug out to use as homes and building material and which require strange glittering rocks from the sky in order to break and move, She is tireless in her work and peerless in her construction of adobe and huts of wood and straw.

Our shy and reclusive witch doctor, She watched her entire village burn and her tribe cut down with fire wands by sky bandits and was unable to help her dying tribe watching them bleed out in the dirt from her hiding place under the trash pile where her mother placed her before being taken as a slave and plaything of the sky bandits, She was able to escape and vowed to never allow her ignorance of healing prevent her from helping someone again and learned all she could from every tribe she met, Though unable to inflict harm and always shy and jumpy she is peerless in her ways of healing and plants in all this strange land, She has even learned the secrets of Sky people medicine and is able to use these rare treasures to heal her tribe.

And last but not least, Our cook and maker of clothing and beads, She follows in her mothers footsteps in knowing the secrets of plants and how to combine them into filling dishes that rarely make one sick and keep one strong, She also knows the art of making baskets, leather, clubs, and bows from her father, she is not the best crafter known to the people but by far the best at multiple talents and learns faster then any other, Many expect her to one day surpass her father in this regard and even her mother.

Our fearless new tribe of a strange new grasslands thrown together by circumstance staying together from need will they prosper and thrive? Or will they perish and succumb to the dangers and hungers of this place? Will the ancient slab bring them back into the prosperity known to the ancients as the paradise of an advanced colony? Only time will tell.

Arctic_fox

As Grey and his band survey the area looking for a safe place to begin building they stumble across some shiny stone ruins spotted with brown flakes right next to a steam vent and the most fertile soil any of them have ever seen, Grey and the other consult and decide even though nothing is left of value in the ruins it is a sign from the gods and the decide to settle here and start making plans for huts in the meantime they place the food they have gathered as they explored within the ruins as the shiny stone seems to keep cooler then the rest of the area, they decide that they will turn this into a holy shrine when the village grows enough.

Soon Starling with the help of the others cutting wood his built some rudimentary huts, They aren't fancy and are not as nice as what they grew up with but the huts belong to them.

As they are finishing the prisioner hut Starling's brother Bascullo shows up having decided to follow his sister

Soon Grey and Starling talk and decide they need a grand hut where a table and chairs as well as a bench to study the sacred slab can be set up Starling agrees and it is soon done, They decide to use the extra space for storage in preparation of moving the stores from the sacred building, Just as they finish a rabid racoon attacks Trobo and has its skill crushed with one mighty blow by Leopord

With a loud scream and explosion the villagers of Muffalo point are awoken as they creep from there huts they see smoke rising in the distance and go to investigate only to find twisted shiny rock that they have since learned from the slab is called steal as they search the wreckage they find strange round fruits that have a soft pink center that is among the best thing any have tasted, When they ask the slab it reply's that the fruit is called watermelon and they learn how to plant it soon after.

One day as Bascullo and Leo are out taming muffalos a giant bang is heard then a drone washes over all making them weak for a moment before it passes as bascullo turns to leo to see if he is ok the heard of muffalo suddenly scream as one and begin attacking leaving both on the ground with many injurys, luckily for them Trobo sees them and calls for help.

Soon all save Starling have been taken down by the muffalo who manages to kill the last 3 alone, She revives Trado and together they haul the wounded back to the camp.

Shortly after this event as they are healing Grey and Trado having always been fond of each other decide to become lovers, Seeing this leo works up the courage to ask Starling to become his lover and she agrees, So to celebrate this he combines the huts of both pairs of lovers and constructs large beds for both and lays bamboo mats down to help make the huts feel more like home.

JuicyPVP

I play on a low end laptop. Will the base mods needed to participate change the running performance of the game in a way that makes it more intensive on hardware? I would like to take part as it seems cool.
Edit: I mean the RED mods on the list.

Arctic_fox

Quote from: JuicyPVP on October 07, 2016, 03:54:09 PM
I play on a low end laptop. Will the base mods needed to participate change the running performance of the game in a way that makes it more intensive on hardware? I would like to take part as it seems cool.

not really i run an old walmart special with a gen one A6 apu when im working and it chugs along at same fps with or without base mods.

that said without seeing your specs no one can give a for sure answer so your best bet is to just give it a try and it it works great if not unload the mods, Also im fairly sure this is dead no one has posted in a while.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: JuicyPVP on October 07, 2016, 03:54:09 PM

The mods are basically optional. They just make the game either easier in the case of the prepare carefully, or allow players to trade the same mod items. There are some that need to be installed before you start if you are planning to use the mod. Since they do not work in a saved game.

in short all you really need to be able to do is work the debug mode. Such as if you are not using the prepare carefully you will need to delete the starter items, food and pets.

yawningrover

my start

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

yawningrover

we crash nothing remains of the ship. we start are first night on this unknown planet.

Arctic_fox

so i was moving my stuff from an old 60GB 5400 RPM HDD i used for steam saves that was starting to make a weird noise to a new 600gb 15000 and a lot of the data including my rimworld saves decided to be corrupted and unreadable beyond saving so this is my colony now

i'll start up a new one later tonight.

Arctic_fox

so as promised i made a new colony to replace the one that got hit with a giant asteroid (HDD crash)

random start location

Meet the members of Fox peak (so named because i spawned ontop of 5 wild foxes)

Meet Gabella the shy but talented crafter, Always quiet but always ready with a warm smile or joke when one takes the time to talk to her.

And this is Galga the ever curious, Quick witted and smart good with animals and people of all sorts, She also learned to read common from a missionary passing through her village as a child which only fueled her lust for the knowledge of old and lead to her combing through many old wrecks and buildings looking for anything she could find, She still buys books from passing traders with any silver she earns and using these has made many helpful discovery's for her tribe.

And now Val demands his mention, Having been the sole survivor when a maddened swap of rats fell upon his old tribe and killed all through disease and famine he was found and taken in by a larger tribe picking over the ruins of his home, Soon after determined to never let it happen again he learned all he could of plants and growing of medicine and of potions he also learned to read the words of old to make toxins and healing salves both and of manipulating the minds of others, Soon after a large raid where his evil concoctions killed the sky people preventing the loss of a single tribesmen he is haunted and refuses to ever lift a finger to harm again as it comes far too easily now, Soon he left his tribe in spite of their insistence that he saved them all and should be proud not sad and has now find a new band in desperate need of a jack of all trades and intends to use his skills to the best of his ability to preserve them.

Then we have Wolf, One of the most feared war chiefs in the region even by the much more advanced peoples using their thunder wands, As a boy he and his tribe were starving and freezing in the dead of winter when they found an old outpost long abandoned with massive holes and burns and blood covering all the buildings and several broken and scattered skeletons scattered around, The tribe though afraid broke into the old buildings in search of anything useful from pure desperation, What they found changed everything for them, They found a large mostly intact building and upon prying off the doors found food in strange metal jars, Food in stranger cloth packets, Moth eaten but warm winter clothing and strangest of all another large metal room lined with strange blue material none had ever seen before, As they pried the door off they found racks and racks of long strange tubes of various sizes and types and hundreds of crates of long thin brass tubes each crate larger then a muffalo, When one of the tribesmen picked up one of these tubes and pulled a strange protuberance a crack like thunder broke the silence and a huge hole appeared in the roof.

Realizing what these must be the tribe soon learned to operate and maintain them and trained the best of their children with them out of all of whome Wolf was by far the best, As he grew older he soon took the tribe by force and using the thunder sticks brought tribes one by one under his rule, As with all war lords though he was soon betrayed and ousted by one he trusted greedy for power, Stripped of all his weapons and left with only the clothing on his back he was thrust out, A few brave souls fiercely loyal to or more likely still terrified of him followed behind to help him found the tribe of Fox peak, He lives now only to kill anything that gets in his way and spends his days leading the people and honing his incredible strength and aim to a razors edge.

And last but not least is Purple, So named due to the color of his face when he sees the sun, Preferring darkness he has spent his entire life living in deep caves carving out stone and metal for his tribe, He is not much good at anything else but few if any can match his skill with a pick and fewer still can match the speed and skill he can build, Even in the light of day let alone in the dark.

What will Fate dictate for these lost souls? only time will tell.

Now that my lengthy intro is out of the way and that i have managed to play until the midevil age where i am building out my castle now

i'm curious if anyone has anything to trade? I have steel, Mushrooms, Bananas, Healroot and Devilstrand, i also have apples, coconuts, uranium leaf, and a crate of peaches and olives left someplace as well as haygrass, I could really use some new seeds to plant, My cart is alpaca pulled and i can ship 280 materials at a time so let me know what ya want and what you got.