[A15] Isekawa’s Moe Gears - Dash and Mech!

Started by duduluu, October 12, 2016, 07:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duduluu

Isekawa's Moe Gears
Dash and Mech!

Welcome to Isekawa's Moe Gears mod!

This mod contains various contents, not limited to what its name suggests: ranging from combat gears, controllable mech (every colony should have one!), to powerful foes that randomly drop on your colony.

Valkyrie Armor suit:

A highly mobile combat suit with 2 additional skills: dash and switch weapon. This suit is for combat only and it will greatly hamper its wearer's working efficiency. You can dash 6 grids every 6 sec, recommended for hit-and-run tactic.

You can acquire this suit of random quality with Alter of Sacrifice (buildable in Misc), by sacrificing enough animals, enemies, prisoners or your colonists.

Thrud Mech:

A formidable Mech, also with 2 skills: siege mode and fortitude shield. Siege mode anchors a Thrud to ground, but allows it to use Thrud Siege Gun, a long range bombardment weapon. Fortitude shield makes a Thrud invulnerable for 30 sec, at the cost of huge power consumption.

A Thrud must recharge on a recharge station. If body parts of a Thrud is ripped off, you can repair it using Cyborg Part Forger.

Boss - Psionic Fox:

a notorious thief as well as a very very dangerous beast. But if you have enough fire power, you can retake what is stolen from you.

Boss - Pallbearers:

this boss examines your overall use of tactic, micros, and the knowledge of this game. It grows stronger as you stay longer on this world (measure by years). It can single handedly destroy hundreds of enemies, as well as your colony. Yet there are various ways to kill this boss and claim your trophy: Qiling's Amulet. This accessory stops time on its wearer, and cure all his/her diseases.

pallbearers can summon powerful lightning storms to strike their foes. They also have a decent probability to absorb incoming damage by fortitude shieldsdz, which is suspected to have the same origin with the Thruds. On taking damage, they can heal themselves overtime.

If you like challenges, you can summon bosses with Trans-atmospheric Flare Cannon, it has 0.2 chance to summon a Psionic Fox and 0.1 chance to summon a Pallbearer.

Author

Isekawa: the original maker of this mod, developer
    UAllJilao: developer
    duduluu: nearly all textures of this mod come from her, forum release

Special Thanks to:

Rooki1: owner of the textures of Valkyrie armor suit, who kindly granted me the right to use his textures
    Haplo: I stole part of his code to build my mech
    Rikiki: I borrowed his idea to make helmet luminous
    Blizzard:: Stole a lot of icons from SCII lol

Note:
    I(@UAllJilao) am not releasing this mod on steam myself.
    Whoever is doing it is apparently not keeping track with the latest version of this mod.
    I recommend that for those who are interested in this mod, please download the newest version from this thread.
    First, I would like to give thanks to all that helped in the make of this mod.

Forum release is managed by Feng's Qiling, since I myself do not use online community very often (don't even have an active steam account); I may not be able to give timely response to any questions or bugs raised on forum or on Steam. Please do not hesitate to contact Qiling(who is posting this thread) if you have any problem or suggestions with the mod; she is an experienced modder as well.

Download on Dropbox Click here!

Files:
    - Isekawa_MoeGears_0.14.r16.zip - for RimWorld A14
    - Isekawa_MoeGears_0.15.r17.zip - for RimWorld A15
    - Isekawa_EPOEpatch_for_A14A15.zip - patch for Compatible with EPOE Mod (Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering)

How to install:
    - Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
    - Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
    - If you has EPOE, activate the Isekawa_EPOE patch after the two mod.

Friendly to existing colony. :-)

RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Shawnthony

pktongrimworld

Interesting, hmmm how do you build the mechs, and are they an item a colonist gets inside of?

duduluu

Quote from: pktongrimworld on October 12, 2016, 11:34:51 PM
Interesting, hmmm how do you build the mechs, and are they an item a colonist gets inside of?
No, the colonist is not in the mech. It's the fushion of a young woman and the machine.
Build a Unfinished Thrud Mech, then sacrifice a girl to activitive the mech - the girl must less than 30 years old.

Canute

Hehe, sound animé inspiring :-)
Very nice and NEW things and threats. Need to try it out :-)

You should add to the description if the mod work with existing colonies or do need a new one.

duduluu

Quote from: Canute on October 13, 2016, 02:22:58 AM
Hehe, sound animé inspiring :-)
Very nice and NEW things and threats. Need to try it out :-)

You should add to the description if the mod work with existing colonies or do need a new one.
It's friendly to existing colony.

pktongrimworld

Quote from: duduluu on October 13, 2016, 01:39:32 AM
Quote from: pktongrimworld on October 12, 2016, 11:34:51 PM
No, the colonist is not in the mech. It's the fushion of a young woman and the machine.
Build a Unfinished Thrud Mech, then sacrifice a girl to activitive the mech - the girl must less than 30 years old.

Interesting... cool. :D

Thirite

Quote from: duduluu on October 12, 2016, 07:31:56 PM
You can acquire this suit of random quality with Alter of Sacrifice (buildable in Misc), by sacrificing enough animals, enemies, prisoners or your colonists.

Never change, Japan.

duduluu

Quote from: Thirite on October 13, 2016, 02:15:11 PM
Quote from: duduluu on October 12, 2016, 07:31:56 PM

Never change, Japan.

What do you mean?  Is there anything with Japan?

Canute

Geeeshh.
A Centipede is like a papertiger against a Psi fox.
He is fast, he hit faster then a pawn with adv. power arms and throw lightning.
My poorly underdevelopmented colony don't get a chance. And he magical steal silver out of your stockpiles even from distance.
He is truely a Boss and not a "merciful god's pet" maybe a "snickering devil's pet".

Maybe remove the uranium part from the altar, so you can build it early and start sacrifice. Mosttimes i rarely found uranium on the map.

nachtfalter

Wooow that all looks like some quality content.
Damn impressive and great sprites.
Love the fact that you actually made preview GIF.
Gotta try that stuff in my next run.

duduluu

Quote from: Canute on October 13, 2016, 02:59:55 PM
Geeeshh.
A Centipede is like a papertiger against a Psi fox.
He is fast, he hit faster then a pawn with adv. power arms and throw lightning.
My poorly underdevelopmented colony don't get a chance. And he magical steal silver out of your stockpiles even from distance.
He is truely a Boss and not a "merciful god's pet" maybe a "snickering devil's pet".

Maybe remove the uranium part from the altar, so you can build it early and start sacrifice. Mosttimes i rarely found uranium on the map.

I had tell Ji'Lao known, he would remove uranium requires next update.
And he said:
There are no devils above the rimworlds, only the all merciful Ji'Lao god.

Canute

About the Sacrifice,
it shouldn't be possible to sacrifice wild animals.
They need to be sleeping or downed, at this way you can catch and sacrifice them.
Background there is a "strange beast" animal from the  Call of Cthulhu mod, not a very big threat but still dangerous foe for a single pawn.
But my diplo just can move to it, catch , and sacrifice it. And it give twice even alot of points.

duduluu

Quote from: Canute on October 16, 2016, 03:01:33 AM
About the Sacrifice,
it shouldn't be possible to sacrifice wild animals.
They need to be sleeping or downed, at this way you can catch and sacrifice them.
Background there is a "strange beast" animal from the  Call of Cthulhu mod, not a very big threat but still dangerous foe for a single pawn.
But my diplo just can move to it, catch , and sacrifice it. And it give twice even alot of points.
Actually thank you for mentioning this. Here is what I think about balance. If you sacrifice a downed psyonic fox, a lot of points; if you sacrifice a downed pallbearer, a huge amount of points. I believe that when modder design their pawns, they take the value of the pawn into account, i.e. more valuable, more rare or powerful. As a modder I cannot dictate how other modders set the value of their pawns, but if this modder set a very high value for this "strange beast", it is my belief that he/she thinks the beast is either rare or strong. If you sacrifice one of these beasts to the merciful god, he is going to be happy. Balanced? I do not know. I try to balance my mod to vanilla but not everyone do the same. Not everyone believe the same. I think for those players who does not play cluthu mod, sacrificing animal may be a big part of their process in getting valkyrie suit, so I do not intend to change sacrificing mechanism. If you still believe this "strange beast" is imbalanced in term of value, I may ask Feng's Qiling (the nice lady who is posting this thread) to contact the maker of cluthu mod.

Canute

No, it isn't about the points, yes the strange beast is strong and worth the points.
The point is, i don't even need to fight animals. I just send order the pawn to sacrifice an animal, he go and grab the animal and run back to the altar, no fight.
That works with the most animals i encounter so far, even with thumbo's.
And this isn't very balanced, since it works with wild aggresive vanila animals too.