Tamed Thurmbo While Healing Its Wounds?

Started by ArguedPiano, October 12, 2016, 08:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArguedPiano

I recently shot down an innocent Thrumbo for its horn, leather, and meat. After downing it I captured it and set my doctor to heal the gentle beast for Medicine training, as I usually do.
Shortly thereafter I received a message that it had Bonded with my doctor and I noticed it appears in my animal list as a Tamed Animal.
Is this normal? Never before have I had an animal tamed while doctoring, let alone been able to tame a Thrumbo.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

SpLeon

Bond is not a tame.
For example:
I feel a bond with my hamster but can not keep it tame and teach metal hauling.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: ArguedPiano on October 12, 2016, 08:57:31 PM
I recently shot down an innocent Thrumbo for its horn, leather, and meat. After downing it I captured it and set my doctor to heal the gentle beast for Medicine training, as I usually do.
Shortly thereafter I received a message that it had Bonded with my doctor and I noticed it appears in my animal list as a Tamed Animal.
Is this normal? Never before have I had an animal tamed while doctoring, let alone been able to tame a Thrumbo.

Yes, tending to an animal's wounds also makes a taming check. So congratulations, you now have your own Thrumbo. I suppose you could slaughter it if you still want the leather and horn, but why not just sell the whole Thrumbo? Be sure to train it for maximum value.

P.S. Now I want a trader with pack thrumbos.

Panzer

Wait, training increases the value of animals?

jmababa

yes it increases it but why not keep the thrumbo and just sell its wool its expensive and time to time you can harvest it. Its worth more in the long run and you have an strong pet to keep raiders away.

Edit: make something out of thrumbo wool its more expensive than the horns when sold but your peeps might use it also asuming its normal and above

avilmask

Training Trampo will drive you mad, better sell it. Even on about 20lvl of animal training it gets ~2% chance to learn. "Intelligent creatures" my ass.

I did it like this: when trampo shows up and falls asleep, box him in a room (i left some food, in case if there's a mechanic for them to escape when they're hungry). Do something to heat the room up to 70 (heaters are easier to control, so better them), make Trampo unconscious, and keep him that way (balance the temperature, so heathstroke doesn't go up nor down). You may beat him up and heal until you tame him.
Profit.
They're quite good bullet sponges if you'll able to train them at last follow your colonist, but they eat a lot. Not as much as army of chickens, tho.

Jimyoda

Quote from: jmababa on October 13, 2016, 04:48:40 AM
yes it increases it but why not keep the thrumbo and just sell its wool its expensive and time to time you can harvest it. Its worth more in the long run and you have an strong pet to keep raiders away.

Edit: make something out of thrumbo wool its more expensive than the horns when sold but your peeps might use it also asuming its normal and above
Are you using a mod to get wool from a thrumbo?
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/