Rework Blight Event.

Started by BetaSpectre, October 12, 2016, 11:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

Instead of plants going poof. I think there should be at least two different variations of the event.
All crops are withering: They are losing health over time, and must be harvested immediately or they will be lost. (IRL even if there is a blight crops don't just poof, and during this event the crops should lose like 5 HP per second so not enough time for an actual harvest)

The second variation:
All crops are tainted: Anything harvested from affected crops (Anything outside a greenhouse) will have a significant chance of being poisoned/rotten.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Hierophant

And why does blight also attack plants in hydroponics? I never got that.

JimmyAgnt007

I think blight should target a single plant, then everything around it.  So one field over there is taken out while the one a ways away is fine.

I work in agricultural research so I agree that they just shouldnt go poof. 

I think that once blight sets in that you can harvest right away and be safe, or let it finish growing and get a lot of tainted food.  If you are desperate then you eat it anyways even if it will make you sick.

Vxsote

How about a variation where a particular crop is ruined, but not everything?

JimmyAgnt007

crop specific would be better as well.

Wex

How abot distance being a factor too?
When in my main field potqatoes are dieing, The rice in the hydroponics shouldn't die too.
Expecially if the hydrophonics is on the opposite side of the base.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison