Replace some animals with NPC sprites /units

Started by Wolf619, October 13, 2016, 08:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf619

I was thinking maybe a mod or an option for the game would be to add humans to the animal/npc list that wander around. If you changed the animals to all neanderthal or something, basically they would have no faction and be free wandering. If you upped the population of these people you could make your map have the feeling of a busy city, plus if big accidents occur it would kill lots of them, making for a cool story.
Anyway thought of this idea this morning, feel free to use it in a mod if you want!

MarcTheMerc

This seems very much doable with a mod however one small issues I see is it may lead to weird code splicing leading to taming and training wild humans. ;)
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Wolf619

Well the logic doesn't necessarily have to be that on a neanderthal. Pretty much any creature could be modified just by changing the sprites, sounds and attributes. I did try making this into a mod to spawn little grey alien men but I am having problems with the coding. I'd like to add all kinds of weird creatures as it's easy to do sprite wise.
**Edit: I've been messing around with beasts of RimWorld so i do have a working alien but I'd like to do my own mod

Also I was thinking could easily Photoshop together some human sprites with clothes on, Basically they would look like a dressed up person but you wouldn't be able to strip them. They could be used to make several addon animals that would look human, that way you could have cities with different looking people