Spaceport

Started by Wolf619, October 13, 2016, 08:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf619

Add a spaceport where planes fly down to the building and npc's get off the plane and visit your town. Maybe make it so you can order workers for money at the space port or some kind of finished goods they cant make at the base? I think a space port would be easy enough to do.

UnknownTech

Wouldn't that kind of offset the end game building of a space ship? If you had a spaceport then you could just board one of their ships to escape/leave the planet.

Wolf619

Well not necessarily but I do get your point

sadpickle

The entire ship-building thing exists, I think, as a mere formality, a courtesy to the convention that games require an end, or at least an end-goal. The idea that a dozen individuals, living in stone and wood cubes, constantly battling disease, hunger, and countless waves of homicidal enemies, could find time to plan, let alone assemble something as delicate and precise as a spaceship, not just any spaceship but a nuclear-powered one. While possessing the technology to contact one of the countless trade ships that happen to be cruising past and can drop a payload with near-pinpoint accuracy, while magically lifting goods from the surface of the planet to their ship. It's like trying to build a galleon to cross the ocean, in the modern era with a global economy of air travel.

At the very least, I would scheme to steal or trade for a ship before beginning the monumental task of building one, in conditions that could be charitably described as "challenging."

jmababa

Why not a new end goal to start in another planet with the same set of peeps

Wolf619

Quote from: sadpickle on October 14, 2016, 03:07:54 AM
The entire ship-building thing exists, I think, as a mere formality, a courtesy to the convention that games require an end, or at least an end-goal. The idea that a dozen individuals, living in stone and wood cubes, constantly battling disease, hunger, and countless waves of homicidal enemies, could find time to plan, let alone assemble something as delicate and precise as a spaceship, not just any spaceship but a nuclear-powered one. While possessing the technology to contact one of the countless trade ships that happen to be cruising past and can drop a payload with near-pinpoint accuracy, while magically lifting goods from the surface of the planet to their ship. It's like trying to build a galleon to cross the ocean, in the modern era with a global economy of air travel.

At the very least, I would scheme to steal or trade for a ship before beginning the monumental task of building one, in conditions that could be charitably described as "challenging."

Well Here's an idea, after you research all of your ship you can then research spaceports, to extend on the game after the end.
Quote from: jmababa on October 14, 2016, 07:45:12 AM
Why not a new end goal to start in another planet with the same set of peeps

what does this have to do with anything we are talking about?