[A15] The Boom Box v1.0b (New Update)

Started by AshbornK9, October 13, 2016, 07:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshbornK9

Hello everybody, and thank you all for checking out my mod!

This mod is designed for those who love to make things go boom! This is the initial release, so it is low in content currently, but will be expanding.

If you have any suggestions of grenades, or anything else that goes boom, I'm open to suggestions, though I do have a list of my own (albeit not a large one).

Coming in next update:

WIP

Possibly Coming In Next Update:

Crafting bench for explosives
Locking ^ behind a research tree

Downloads:

v1.0b, the Bouncing Update (A15c)
Click here

v1.0, The Kickoff Update (Initial Release, A15c)
Click here

Note: If you would like to use my mod or any of its content in other mods or projects (modpacks), please notify me first.

Changelog:
v1.0b- Adds M14 TH3 Thermate grenade, M16 Bouncing Betty, and S-Mine Bouncing Betty (A15c)
v1.0- Adds 5 frag grenades and 2 grenade launchers (Initial Release, A15c)

Current Content:

Frags:
M24
M24 Bundle
M67
Mk2 Pineapple
Mills Bomb

Incendiary Grenades:
M14 TH3 Thermate

Grenade Launchers:
Milkor 32 (M32)
M79

Anti-Personnel Mines:
M16 Bouncing Betty
S-Mine Bouncing Betty

DianaWinters - Textures
Eldvarg - Textures
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

AshbornK9

Updated to v1.0b

Added M14 TH3 Thermate grenade (Lights pawns on fire, not surroundings, but does extra damage to structures)
M16 Bouncing Betty, and S-Mine Bouncing Betty (AP Mines, slightly more powerful and expensive than IEDs)

Click here:

DestroyX

AshbornK9

Quote from: DestroyX on October 25, 2016, 03:19:19 AM
no screenshots :<

I ended up having to remove the screenshots I had due to formatting issues with the forum, and i'll be posting up new ones in a few days.

Click here:

mabor0shi

Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

AshbornK9

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 26, 2016, 07:55:39 PM
Is this going to make my game easier?
I wouldn't say so, it just adds new weapons. They are fairly powerful, but I'd say they are balanced. As for the bouncing betty mines, they are like the vanilla IEDs but slightly more expensive and powerful.

Click here:

mabor0shi

Quote from: AshbornK9 on November 05, 2016, 05:40:50 PM
I wouldn't say so, it just adds new weapons. They are fairly powerful, but I'd say they are balanced. As for the bouncing betty mines, they are like the vanilla IEDs but slightly more expensive and powerful.
It adds more powerful weapons that can only be used by the player, not raiders. Only if they're so expensive that the player has to think twice about whether they're worth it, would I say it's balanced. But that totally depends on the player and the colony. Balancing is so subjective. Anyway, this game really needs more traps, so thanks for making these! But maybe you should post the costlist. And where are those screenshots you promised!?
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

AshbornK9

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 06, 2016, 11:11:41 PM
Quote from: AshbornK9 on November 05, 2016, 05:40:50 PM
It adds more powerful weapons that can only be used by the player, not raiders. Only if they're so expensive that the player has to think twice about whether they're worth it, would I say it's balanced. But that totally depends on the player and the colony. Balancing is so subjective. Anyway, this game really needs more traps, so thanks for making these! But maybe you should post the costlist. And where are those screenshots you promised!?
The AI should be able to make full use of the grenades, but not the mines. Also the screenshots will not be done until the next update, when I can put everything in one.

Click here: