Graphist looking to make a mod team for a Biome adding mod.

Started by Draegon, October 13, 2016, 07:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draegon

So I was thinking that it would be so awesome to try to make a mod with other people, I have so many ideas but I lack knowledge on programming. I'm more of an artistic person so if anyone wants to try to make a mod together or with a small group let me know :D

kaptain_kavern

Until recently I was in the impression that there were more people like me, that can fiddle a bit with code, but cannot draw at all, so i'm pretty sure you'll find some folks willing to.

I'm currently "engaged" with "CK - Animal and Plant Pack" so I can't for now (too much mods on going ^^), but if I may give you one advice : change your title to something like : "GRAPHIST looking for a modder or team". Something that say from start that you can draw :p

I will be there on the forum trying to help if I spot help requests,  though I can't promise much more

Dingo

If the mod doesn't require DLL and you can provide the art resources I can offer assistance. I'm also available on Steam (link is under my avatar).

merthsoft

I can help with code, though I'm still pretty new to modding RimWorld.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: merthsoft on October 13, 2016, 08:13:03 PM

Then you may should look at the next topic behind this one. It's called "how do you learn to mod" or something similar. There is some links to tutorials and resources for modding

Draegon

Well I was thinking we'd start with planning before we do anything so I didn't use a specific title. *shrugs*

Draegon

Also I was wondering where I could find the texture files for the animals and stuff in the game so I could work from there for making sure the stuff looks like it matches vanilla Rimworld's look.

Draegon

That'll be so helpful, I'm set on keeping with the Rimworld look. Whenever I get mods, no matter how cool they are they MUST go well with the base game.

merthsoft

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 13, 2016, 08:51:14 PM
Quote from: merthsoft on October 13, 2016, 08:13:03 PM

Then you may should look at the next topic behind this one. It's called "how do you learn to mod" or something similar. There is some links to tutorials and resources for modding
Well, I've got a couple mods under my belt already. I'm just still a little slow in figuring out how everything is put together because I haven't been in the codebase for too long.

QuoteWhenever I get mods, no matter how cool they are they MUST go well with the base game.
I agree! I love the aesthetic of the game, and prefer when things match with it.

Draegon

I suppose we should get set on the specific idea we shall go for. I'm thinking either a cave biome or island biome along with stuff to go with them of course.

Draegon

adtrl

Hey Dragaen, I wouldn't mind joining. Was thinking of making a small mod myself but I'm not sure if how I can make textures for my idea. >_<
Rawr ^.=.^

Draegon

I can do most of the texture I think but I have some rather large ideas.

adtrl

Quote from: Draegon on October 14, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
I can do most of the texture I think but I have some rather large ideas.

Oh okay. ^_^
Rawr ^.=.^