[A15] Where is Rich soil?

Started by AlcoholV, October 14, 2016, 11:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlcoholV

Where is Rich Soil?
Are you tired of having to seek rich soil?
This mod changes original rich soil color to be darker to make it easier to find.

Screen shot

Download
Dropbox

kaptain_kavern

Simple and effective.
Neat!

Thank you!

BlackSmokeDMax

mabor0shi

I was just on a tundra map being confused by how close lichen-covered dirt & rich soil are. I was thinking "nobody noticed how similar these looked while they were makin this!?", but I never once had a thought about changing it. Great job, we need more like you!
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

jmababa

very useless in arid desert and ice sheet

kaptain_kavern

That is a constructive feedback.....

mabor0shi

Quote from: jmababa on October 17, 2016, 05:27:57 AM
i think u mean "extreme desert". in "arid shrubland" it is useful. Still, you are right. Something shud b done about that. Where is rich sand? Where is rich snow? These are important questions.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

dismar

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 17, 2016, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: jmababa on October 17, 2016, 05:27:57 AM
i think u mean "extreme desert". in "arid shrubland" it is useful. Still, you are right. Something shud b done about that. Where is rich sand? Where is rich snow? These are important questions.

You know the street value of rich snow! OMG

onebit

Thanks. Steam is so convenient!

edit: Tried it out last night. Fantastic QoL benefit from such a small change.

Arnold Rimmer

When can we expect the much needed "Where is the Geyser?" mod?
[Insert combination of words here]

Rock5

I thought deserts didn't have rich soil. In that case we would need to find the "soil".

I started playing a desert recently and I was having trouble distinguishing soil from gravel. Any chance you could help with that too? Maybe make gravel lighter?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Nictis

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 17, 2016, 12:12:48 AM
I was just on a tundra map being confused by how close lichen-covered dirt & rich soil are. I was thinking "nobody noticed how similar these looked while they were makin this!?", but I never once had a thought about changing it. Great job, we need more like you!
Before now, I assumed that the lichen was simply covering up the rich soil.

Thanks, this is gonna be really helpful when I'm trying to avoid marshy soil.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Rock5 on October 23, 2016, 07:52:28 PM
I thought deserts didn't have rich soil. In that case we would need to find the "soil".

I started playing a desert recently and I was having trouble distinguishing soil from gravel. Any chance you could help with that too? Maybe make gravel lighter?
I have this problem too, a little. I think it should be grayer, maybe turn down the saturation. I like this idea so much, I'm gona add it into this mod myself. Just on my PC, not uploading it.