[B18] Knowledge is Out There

Started by PreDiabetic, December 11, 2017, 03:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

Quote from: Slipshodian on December 15, 2017, 04:22:18 PM
Just a couple of questions for clarification.....

So these work in the same vein as neuro-trainers, but aren't super fast?

Are the benefits based on the creator of the books? i.e. a level cap based on the skills gained (so you can't just learn yourself into level 20 off a level 10 writer making books repeatedly).

Looks interesting to say the least though  ;)
First I never used Neurotrainer according to wikia it instantly gives 50k exp in particular skill. Mine is more of reading a book a for time while reading slowly gain skill points. Unlike Neurotrainers "The daily max learning and "too smart" traits do not affect experience gain and the neutrotrainer will not count against daily XP gain" reading book counts as daily exp.
I don't think it's possible to limit max skill requirement in XML mods (which I'm EXTREMELY beginner in it), I was and still searching for it and didn't find anything. So it's inevitable to writers read their own book. In upcoming version, authors don't get skill points while writing though thats bonus point at least plus It's hard to write a book. Books consumed on reading because I find otherwise too op.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: PreDiabetic on December 15, 2017, 06:36:14 PM

Are the benefits based on the creator of the books? i.e. a level cap based on the skills gained (so you can't just learn yourself into level 20 off a level 10 writer making books repeatedly).

First I never used Neurotrainer according to wikia it instantly gives 50k exp in particular skill. Mine is more of reading a book a for time while reading slowly gain skill points. Unlike Neurotrainers "The daily max learning and "too smart" traits do not affect experience gain and the neutrotrainer will not count against daily XP gain" reading book counts as daily exp.
I don't think it's possible to limit max skill requirement in XML mods (which I'm EXTREMELY beginner in it), I was and still searching for it and didn't find anything. So it's inevitable to writers read their own book. In upcoming version, authors don't get skill points while writing though thats bonus point at least plus It's hard to write a book. Books consumed on reading because I find otherwise too op.
Hi, it seems you didn't understood the question.
Lets say I have a pawn lvl 10 in animal skill and another level 8.
Can I create lets say a book in Animal Skill and let the other pawn read it until it reaches level 20?

PreDiabetic

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 15, 2017, 10:00:40 PM
Quote from: PreDiabetic on December 15, 2017, 06:36:14 PM

Hi, it seems you didn't understood the question.
Lets say I have a pawn lvl 10 in animal skill and another level 8.
Can I create lets say a book in Animal Skill and let the other pawn read it until it reaches level 20?

Yes lvl 10 write and lvl 8 read his book until lvl 20. Problem is lvl 10 can read his own book to reach 20 too. There are not upper limit in xml to block that kind of interaction.