[0.17.1536] Bed rest isn't considered a real job (bear with me here)

Started by ymc, May 09, 2017, 10:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ymc

A pawn with patient 1 and bed rest priority 1 will not go to a bed to heal if they are assigned a work schedule. Now before you say, "well a work schedule is because you want them to work. You should set it to sleep if you want them to go to bed", this is one of the few ways to manage night owls and split shifts up. Pawns most of the time ignore their assigned sleep schedule quite anyhow. This either defeats the purpose of being able to assign a high priority to bed rest or limits scheduling's main use to forcing colonists to work until they drop.

I have attached a save file where you don't even have to do a thing to reproduce it randomly, it's doing it at this exact second. Draft and undraft the injured pawn, or send her manually to a job and cancel, but she will not go to bed. By sheer fluke she did go once, but then got up in the middle of being medically tended to pick up a simple meal; more importantly, it wasn't because she was starving, she just wanted one for her inventory, and then decided to go back to bed to receive bandaging.

Log is verbose (just found that setting).

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ymc

This behaviour is still happening in 0.17.1536. Bed Rest priority 1 is ignored due to a work schedule, which defeats the purpose of separating Bed Rest from Patient.

I could accept WAD, if there was a halt schedule tickbox instead of assigning them to sleep 24/7, or if pawns obeyed their sleep or joy schedules so strictly. They will choose to sleep over their joy period, and work through their sleep period.

ymc

This appears to have "gotten better" but not cured, which I'm 50/50 on (but just one guy's opinion at this point). Bed rest priority 1 in 0.17.1539 was actually sending folks to bed to get bandaged, but they would still walk around and do their own thing even when injured or infected (but treated).

Now that infections are back to the bugged A16 standards of not scary at all, it's much less of an issue. I know I know, you can please some of the people, haha.

As mentioned above, I personally am now satisfied with current behaviour as WAD, it just seems rather silly that the pawn has a hidden threshold to decide what's worth bed rest or not (which is what I thought bed rest was split off of patient for in the first place?). A pawn with grow priority 1 doesn't decide that the garden isn't as important as mining 2 until there's nothing left to do with the garden. ""Meh, there's already like 10 corn and 5 potatoes growing, what we need are some rocks!"

ison

Currently "Bed rest" work type doesn't do anything if the timetable is set to "Work". I'll leave this for Tynan to decide.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog