Carts/hauling

Started by Alenerel, October 13, 2016, 04:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alenerel

Its pretty frustrating how some times colonists walk a long way just to get one stack out of a lot of them. For example a cargo pod drop, a field harvest, a raider failed attack, etc. Hauling in this game is pretty annoying.

My idea is to include carts or something similar. The cart would allow the colonist to be able to carry more items. My suggestion is, for example, 4 different or the same items, like for example 4 full stacks of pemmican or 1 stack of pemmican, 1 gun, 1 hat and 1 stack of steel.

I dont know if there should be a handicap or not. Maybe including a new research "the wheel" and there could be either 1 type or 2 types of carts. The wooden old one and a modern one made of wood and steel. The latest could carry, for example, 2 more stacks, 6 in total.

Another handicap could be that that carts reduced move speed, like 20-40%... Seems reasonable. The problem here is that the AI is stupid and would use it to get 1 item and you would have to micromanage it. If the AI is smart enough to get several stacks then Im ok, if not then I say that it shouldnt reduce move speed.

14m1337

I remember one of the modders actually working on a backpack mod ... would this be interesting for you ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.