[B18] ABS Polymer 2/24/2018

Started by SimplySublime, February 24, 2018, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimplySublime

Quote from: Wanderer_joins on February 25, 2018, 03:48:35 AM
Cool, i'll try this in my plastic colony, it'll be black and white 8)

Edit: ABS polymer weave has an armor blunt modifier of 12500% i guess it's an oversight. Otherwise nice mod to use with simple plastics and reinforced ABS polymer weave is really powerful

Oh jeez LMAO yes that was a total oversight! Lemme go and fix that right now and get a new build out! Do you think the reinforced weave is too powerful? In my current game I'm barely getting to it in the late game.

SimplySublime

A New update has been pushed to fix the armor stats

Wanderer_joins

The fabric is powerful, but i guess it's by design if you're looking for a middle ground between cloth/devilstrand and synthread/hyperwave.

What is clearly cheap is the research cost: 500 and an industrial level compared to 2400 and a spacer level for synthread in simple plastic.

I would personally make it comparatively more expensive than synthread, in terms of research and work.

SimplySublime

I've adjusted the research so ABS Polymer is 500 Industrial, Base Weave is 700 Industrial and Reinforced is 1500 Spacer

Crow_T

Hi I'm getting an error on load with newest versions 1.2 and 1.3
XML format error: List item found with name that is not <li>, and which does not have a custom XML loader method, in <comps><li Class="CompProperties_Power"><compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass><startElectricalFires>true</startElectricalFires><basePowerConsumption>100</basePowerConsumption></li><li Class="CompProperties_Flickable" /><li Class="CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities"><linkableFacilities><li>ToolCabinet</li></linkableFacilities></li><li Class="CompProperties_Glower"><glowRadius>5</glowRadius><glowColor>(162,186,0,0)</glowColor></li><li Class="CompProperties_HeatPusher"><compClass>CompHeatPusherPowered</compClass><heatPerSecond>10</heatPerSecond></li><li Class="CompProperties_Breakdownable"

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

SimplySublime

Quote from: Crow_T on February 26, 2018, 02:25:18 PM
Hi I'm getting an error on load with newest versions 1.2 and 1.3
XML format error: List item found with name that is not <li>, and which does not have a custom XML loader method, in <comps><li Class="CompProperties_Power"><compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass><startElectricalFires>true</startElectricalFires><basePowerConsumption>100</basePowerConsumption></li><li Class="CompProperties_Flickable" /><li Class="CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities"><linkableFacilities><li>ToolCabinet</li></linkableFacilities></li><li Class="CompProperties_Glower"><glowRadius>5</glowRadius><glowColor>(162,186,0,0)</glowColor></li><li Class="CompProperties_HeatPusher"><compClass>CompHeatPusherPowered</compClass><heatPerSecond>10</heatPerSecond></li><li Class="CompProperties_Breakdownable"

Thanks for pointing this out crow! The errors should be fixed I had the minified def in the wrong spot. v1.4 on the github page will fix these errors. Thanks man, enjoy!

Crow_T

Quote from: SimplySublime on February 26, 2018, 04:29:35 PM
Thanks for pointing this out crow! The errors should be fixed I had the minified def in the wrong spot. v1.4 on the github page will fix these errors. Thanks man, enjoy!

Sweet, thanks for the quick fix! So far I really like this mod, I didn't get too far with it sadly because a tornado took me out haha. I look forward to the new balance and perhaps making some garments in my next play.

One suggestion: making the unzipped folder keep the same name so this will stay active in the mod list when updating.

OK, two suggestions :P The one floor png is huge, like 20MB, I'm not sure why it is 10Kx10K px but you can probably shrink it a bit.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

SimplySublime

LAMO hopefully you have better luck with it in your next game aha. I've reduced the mod size to 2.7 megs and all future releases will be in a folder named, "ABS Polymer". Cheers!

SimplySublime

3/1/2018

Added To steam workshop