[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomicRavioli

Updated

The issues with comms console and other side effects of not having a leader for a faction are fixed, the Crystalloids are able to have a leader once again.

Update features a new minor faction, the Athena Initiative...
Militant researchers who seek answers about the oddities of Rimworlds, the Crystalloids included.

Change log:
Changelog:
V1.3 Athena
- Unveiled minor faction: Athena Initiative
- High tech militaristic researchers who are more than willing to torch your base and sift the remains.

- Added Athena weapon set:
- RAD-S1: Large pistol with debuffing bullets
- SPBR: Extremely accurate 3 round burst rifle
- ETC-DMR: Moderately damaging rifle that ignores armor
- HCR: charge projectile light machine gun
- Added Athena Jumpsuit

- Added Athena Scyther, lighter variant of the mechanoid designed for Athena Initiative.

- Colossus raid value raised drastically

- Faction leader issue is fixed (hopefully)
- Make sure you have latest AlienRaces version

Canute

Quote- Faction leader issue is fixed (hopefully)
Yes it is fixed, but only for new colonies.
Existing colonies/saves still don't got a a leader, and the com console don't work.
Spawn/Killfactionleader from dev-tools don't help, since there is not leader to spawn or kill.
You need to open the savegame with a texteditor, search for the factio name,
there you find abit above the faction name:
<leader>null</leader>
Now you need to find a crystaloid which don't belong to your base, search for
Thing_Alien_Crystalloid
until you find one which don't belong to your colony, remeber the number behind Thing_Alien_Crystalloid.
Now replace the
<leader>null</leader>  with <leader>Thing_Alien_Crystalloidnumber</leader>
Not sure what consequese it got to set a random pawn as leader, but i can use the com console with the existing game.

Canute

Atomic,
it is wanted that Athena scyther spawn with regular mechanoids ?
Since i know from other mod, you can't prevent this when you declare them as mechanoid.

Edit:
- How do you create Crystalsilk, or isn't added yet ?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2017, 04:25:55 AM
Atomic,
it is wanted that Athena scyther spawn with regular mechanoids ?
Since i know from other mod, you can't prevent this when you declare them as mechanoid.

Edit:
- How do you create Crystalsilk, or isn't added yet ?

Yeah, the Scythers will appear in ship part crash events because the game looks for anything that has the mechanoid flesh type for that. I, personally, am fine with that, but if people get annoyed from that, then I will change it.

Crystalsilk is non-craftable, but purchasable, like synthread or hyperweave

Canute

I think 4 amp. crystals for the stasis bed accessiour are to much, 1 crystal should do it, since you allready need 4 crystals for the bed.

I think i got trouble with synthetic organs. I can install bionics, but synthetic or surrogate organ's don't appear on the operation list.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2017, 06:06:34 PM
I think 4 amp. crystals for the stasis bed accessiour are to much, 1 crystal should do it, since you allready need 4 crystals for the bed.

I think i got trouble with synthetic organs. I can install bionics, but synthetic or surrogate organ's don't appear on the operation list.

That's because Crystalloids don't have organs to begin with

Canute

They eat, they breath, they get sick, they have organs !
Ok, maybe not the same like humans, but it should be that hard to made crystal organs (crystal + plasteel/vanadium).
If you say crystaloid don't got specified organ, their whole body works as organ, ok then lets replace top/middle/down torso part with synthtic body that enhance blood fliter/pump, Meta, eating, breath by 5-10% each part.

But at last spine's should be possible, do you know how old they can be, and the game give people over a specified age the chance for bad backs/frail.
And a spine isn't much different then leg's/arm's beside the nerves. At crystaloid don't got nerves at this way anyway.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 06:12:37 AM
They eat, they breath, they get sick, they have organs !
Ok, maybe not the same like humans, but it should be that hard to made crystal organs (crystal + plasteel/vanadium).
If you say crystaloid don't got specified organ, their whole body works as organ, ok then lets replace top/middle/down torso part with synthtic body that enhance blood fliter/pump, Meta, eating, breath by 5-10% each part.

But at last spine's should be possible, do you know how old they can be, and the game give people over a specified age the chance for bad backs/frail.
And a spine isn't much different then leg's/arm's beside the nerves. At crystaloid don't got nerves at this way anyway.

They have 4 organs in their bodies, eyes, brains, psionic node (attached to the brain), and a nutrient extractor (Food intake). I am ok with the organs, I do want to add a heart like organ to them though. Artificial organs weren't touched on because their organs are much different than a human, EPOE would have labeled replacement organs the same as a human too. Either way, I would have to create my own replacement organs, and I will look into that.

Spines... I am going to include them.

muriloqsiqueira

I discovered that the Crystalloid mod is who caused the conflict. It's a shame to have to remove it from the game, because I like the idea of ​​having a planet disputed by several factions

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: muriloqsiqueira on January 27, 2017, 04:48:04 AM
I discovered that the Crystalloid mod is who caused the conflict. It's a shame to have to remove it from the game, because I like the idea of ​​having a planet disputed by several factions

What conflict?

Canute

Thats the problem with forum user, they quote anything and add a word or sentence below it, or they never quote.

He mean the Com. console, which you allready fixed.

Treason5240

I've found a strange bug that creeps up after the first raid by Crystalloids.

After repulsing them, all icons related to the state of a pawn cease to function.  The little exclamation mark that rises from a downed pawn, the "zzz"s from sleeping pawns, the positive or negative moodlets; all cease.

Saving and reloading restores these icons, but it's a consistent "feature."  It doesn't break anything, but it's still..odd.

Edit: Upon reloading the save, dead Crystalloids loose their coloration.  They all revert to pale skin and grey hair.

Canute

I am playing with serveral mod's and crystalloids too.
But that didn't appear with me yet.
Try to delete the alienframe and crystalloid mod, and reinstall them.
There was serveral updateds and maybe you just overcopied them.
If that still happen, you should post the output_log.txt after it happen so atomic can have a deeper look.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Treason5240 on January 27, 2017, 07:30:25 PM
I've found a strange bug that creeps up after the first raid by Crystalloids.

After repulsing them, all icons related to the state of a pawn cease to function.  The little exclamation mark that rises from a downed pawn, the "zzz"s from sleeping pawns, the positive or negative moodlets; all cease.

Saving and reloading restores these icons, but it's a consistent "feature."  It doesn't break anything, but it's still..odd.

Edit: Upon reloading the save, dead Crystalloids loose their coloration.  They all revert to pale skin and grey hair.

Weird, the motes are breaking. The only thing I could possibly imagine being the cause is the explosions of the shard launcher / colossus cannon, since they are the only motes I added to the game.

Codexehow

Thanks for fixing the comms thing. Took me like 2.5 hours to figure out which mod had killed mah comms. :P Others will not have to go through the same :P