[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smexy_Vampire

i still havent figgered out my ishue i cant install bionics on them like your sapose to beable to do

AtomicRavioli

Fixed a small problem with the EPOE patch. Redownload it and replace the old one, should fix the issue with installing the parts. Tested minimally, let me know if something comes up.

123nick

drakemasta

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: 123nick on January 10, 2017, 10:14:35 PM
will this be updated to A16?
Quote from: drakemasta on January 11, 2017, 10:31:43 AM
i would like a a16 version of this mod

It's coming, I am ironing out some odd bugs before it will be released.

123nick

AtomicRavioli

Updated for A16, read the change logs for the details :)

asquirrel

Big error for me when I load this mod.  Help please!! :)

https://gist.github.com/c63cca787702e15b35a028924142230e

Edit - I fixed it.  Deleted all mods involved (Chystalloid, Human alien mod, and orassan mod plus all patches).  Then reinstalled everything.  I think there might have been xml files from prior versions that were in there and were screwing up everything royally.  Now it's smooth as duck poo. :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

DarkXanatos

Greetings,

I was curious where a pawn's psionic stats are located. I ask, because I can't find the stats on any of my 3 Crystalloid pawns. None of them appear to have any stats, as far as I can tell. Which by your own description, should be impossible - unless I misread/misunderstood. Or I am experiencing a bug. Not sure yet. As I could simply be blind as a bat and just keep missing the stats.

Thanks.

123nick

i think there needs to be a faction leader for the faction, as when i click on the faction using fluffys relations tab mod, i get errors spammed : http://i.imgur.com/d9XBthD.png , and it isnt the fault of fluffys relation tab, it just expects all mod factions to have a leader- which most do, except yours, i think ?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: DarkXanatos on January 21, 2017, 11:28:07 PM
Greetings,

I was curious where a pawn's psionic stats are located. I ask, because I can't find the stats on any of my 3 Crystalloid pawns. None of them appear to have any stats, as far as I can tell. Which by your own description, should be impossible - unless I misread/misunderstood. Or I am experiencing a bug. Not sure yet. As I could simply be blind as a bat and just keep missing the stats.

Thanks.

Appears in the health tab of the pawn, unless you really are experiencing a bug.

Quote from: 123nick on January 22, 2017, 12:46:36 AM
i think there needs to be a faction leader for the faction, as when i click on the faction using fluffys relations tab mod, i get errors spammed : http://i.imgur.com/d9XBthD.png , and it isnt the fault of fluffys relation tab, it just expects all mod factions to have a leader- which most do, except yours, i think ?

Faction leaders for crystalloid communities were causing the game to crash in testing, that is why they are disabled. Trying to fix it for next update.

DarkXanatos

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on January 22, 2017, 02:39:40 AM

Appears in the health tab of the pawn, unless you really are experiencing a bug.

Edit: Ah, damn. I went back and looked at your do list... totally missed the EPOE Patch, specifically. NOT EPOE itself. I downloaded the EPOE mod itself, totally not realizing the patch was not the same thing... I am going to download the patch and make up a quick colony. To test if things work properly.

Edit II: Still can't see psionic talents, even with the patch added. Below still applies then. Bummer.

I don't see it on any of my three Crystalloid pawns. I don't even see the option to surgically remove the node, either.

Another thing I've been noticing, is I haven't seen a Valkyrie yet. My game hasn't gone on for long, but I also tried rolling for some in my starting group and never saw one (in two different starts). Not even sure where they are identified as such.

Now, I am really unfamiliar with how to retrieve the information you need. Such as save game info and the other thing mod authors request. If you or anyone can point in the direction, I'll happily get the info for you. I am looking forward to using this mod to its full extent.

One thing I can give you, is my mod list. All mods are A16 compatible.

-Additional Joy Objects
-Alien Races
-AllowTool
-Cheaper Components
-Crystalloid
-EPOE
-HugsLib (needed for AllowTool)
-More Vanilla Turrets
-RimEffect - Asari of the Rims

Mod Order In Game

-Core
-Hugslib
-Cheaper Components
-More Vanilla Turrets
-Additional Joy
-Humanoid Races (Alien Races)
-Crystalloids
-RimEffect - Asari
-Crystalloid EPOE Patch
-EPOE

Thanks for your time.

vlad.lapadat93

I have some error regarding the Comms Console and i found out that Crystalloid Mod is causing it. I tested with Hugs Lib, Alien Framework, and Crystalloid and after that i tested it with Hugs Lib, Alien Framework and other alien factions mods. The error only happens when Crystalloid is activated.

When trying to use the coms console with any kind of pawn, both human or alien i get the next error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_CommsConsole.GetFloatMenuOptions (Verse.Pawn myPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AlienRace.MenuMakerMapRestricted.AddHumanlikeOrders (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 opts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (Vector3 clickPos, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Other problem that i found out is that the psionic traits almost never spawns on pawns (both human or alien). When forcing them to spawn with AddHediff in debug mode it returns the following error:
Part is null. It should be set before PostAdd for PsionicStunted.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Hediff_AddedPart:PostAdd(Nullable`1)
Verse.HediffSet:AddDirect(Hediff, Nullable`1)
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:AddHediff(Hediff, BodyPartRecord, Nullable`1)
Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker:AddHediff(HediffDef, BodyPartRecord, Nullable`1)
Verse.<Options_Hediff_BodyParts>c__AnonStorey4DB:<>m__8AE()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

And when using the Make Full Colony it returns this errors (the latter is recurring with every tick):
Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at Verse.HediffComp_Immunizable.CompPostPostAdd (Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffWithComps.PostAdd (Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffSet.AddDirect (Verse.Hediff hediff, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.Hediff hediff, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Autotests_ColonyMaker.MakeColony (RimWorld.ColonyMakerFlag[] flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Autotests_ColonyMaker.MakeColony_Full () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.<DoListingItems_MapTools>m__934 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (System.String label, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems_MapTools () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Exception ticking Devlin: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at Verse.HediffComp_Immunizable.SeverityChangePerDay () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffComp_SeverityPerDay.CompPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.HediffWithComps.PostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.HealthTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I hope it helps you with debugging.

Canute

Hi,
ok i can understand that you create subspecies like ascendant and valkyrie.
But why does these subspecies need to drop create different kind of meat too ?
It is allways a pain to find and deselect all these "cannibal" meats.
Or maybe you can tag then with a subcategory.

asquirrel

vlad.lapadat93, not sure if this is related but after I installed  a bunch of mods including Crystalloid, I could not use the comms console either.  When I did that extended logging thing I was getting object not an instance of an object when I tried to use the console.  I disabled a bunch of mods (including Crystalloid)  and was able to access it.  I'm not sure if it is related.  I have a ton of mods running though so I suspect it's a conflict somewhere.  I was able to access the comms console with that cat person mod running though, which uses that human / alien framework thing.