[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Hi Canute! 

Thanks for the link to your mod list!  Can you cure things on your Crystalloid pawns like bites, scars and gunshot wounds?

AtomicRavioli

Sneak peak of some of the new things coming out...

Also, I got to fix the meat problem, they don't butcher into meat but the game creates a def for meat for every creature. I think I can fix it by setting the meat def to a different one, like insects do.

AtomicRavioli

Mod Overhauled!

Version 2 is live, will update to steam workshop shortly (it will have a new submission to allow those currently playing with Crystalloid to keep playing it as is)

Changelog:
V2 Overhaul

-Crystalloids now appear with more headshapes (oops)
-Crystalloids now have head tatoos of various designs
-Crystalloids have a smaller chance of appearing in your colony, down from 15% to 5%
-Updated Crystalloid Guardian art
-Updated Amplifier Crystal art, thanks to Sera!

-Added Psionic Forge, work table for psionic materials.

-Added Refined Crystal, mid-late game resource improves on basic crystal with better stats and added bonuses for weapons and workbenches. Forge it at electric smithy or research improved refining to refine it at the psionic forge for half the work cost.

-Added Psionic Crystal Rifle, craftable psionic rifle, slightly weaker than the psionic rifles the Collective uses in raids.
-Shard Pistol, Shard Rifle, and Shard Scatterer are now craftable, recipes at the Psionic Forge. (Note that selling prices have changed due to this and they should be smeltable)

-Added Psionic Generator, generator that produces a low amount of electricity at a steady rate (Currently 625)
-Added Psionic Reciever, larger version of the psionic generator, same size as the Geothermal Generator. (Currently 2700)

-Added 2 kinds of Crystal flooring; Crystal Tiles, which are somewhat beautiful and sort of cheap, and Smooth Crystal Floor which is beautiful, expensive, and laborious.

-Added Prism turret, non mobile construct prism that fires nearby enemies. Less total damage than an improvised turret, but can ignore certain types of armor with its burn damage.

-Amplifier Crystal recipe changed, requires refined crystal now. Recipe taken off of smelter and moved to psionic forge.
-Construct hub recipe changed, no longer requires plasteel, replaced with refined crystal.
-Crystal synthesizer is now slightly cheaper, and no longer requires plasteel, meant to be accessible for earlier game.

-Research tab for Crystalloid added
-Refactored research requirements and times.

-Crystal Resource overall weakend, weaker stats, less beauty, less hp on items. Flavor text updated.
-Crystal resource now can be found in mining, as crystal ore

-Weapon stats tweaked, shard weapons fire a little faster and are worse at range
-Weapon flavor texts updated

-Removed Amplifier weapons
-Removed Stasis beds and accessories

Canute

Quote-Added Psionic Generator, generator that produces a low amount of electricity at a steady rate (Currently 625)
I rather would call them Crystal Generator, like a big piezo one.

Quote-Added Psionic Reciever, larger version of the psionic generator, same size as the Geothermal Generator. (Currently 2700)
You are kidding ? 6x6 for just 2700 power ?
Why do you think about
- 1x1 portable small crystal generator   400W to power some turrets or caravan camp.
Building cost should need 10% less material then the Crystal gen, but 100% more work.
- 2x2 Crystal generator, 1000W (625)
- 4x4 Large Generator, 3000W (1900), just double the mat. of the Crystal Gen, 4x work.

Maybe a mega generator, like 8x8 with extra research but with real good power outpot (10kW+), not to speak about a nice explosion and toxic fallout (like the plant from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30547.0).

Quote-Weapon stats tweaked, shard weapons fire a little faster and are worse at range
I hope they got a match for orassans weapons, currently i rather use orassan weapons then shard ones.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 03:43:01 AM
Quote-Added Psionic Generator, generator that produces a low amount of electricity at a steady rate (Currently 625)
I rather would call them Crystal Generator, like a big piezo one.

Quote-Added Psionic Reciever, larger version of the psionic generator, same size as the Geothermal Generator. (Currently 2700)
You are kidding ? 6x6 for just 2700 power ?
Why do you think about
- 1x1 portable small crystal generator   400W to power some turrets or caravan camp.
Building cost should need 10% less material then the Crystal gen, but 100% more work.
- 2x2 Crystal generator, 1000W (625)
- 4x4 Large Generator, 3000W (1900), just double the mat. of the Crystal Gen, 4x work.

Maybe a mega generator, like 8x8 with extra research but with real good power outpot (10kW+), not to speak about a nice explosion and toxic fallout (like the plant from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30547.0).

They don't require a resource to run, and you can hide them away indoors. Space becomes the only real downside later down the line as well, when generating crystal from synthesizers leaves only the steel and component cost.

I like the naming idea, since real crystal is piezoelectric after all.

The generators explode with psionic energy when they break too, lol.

Either way with the power generation, it is the first iteration. I am exploring options to make psionics a resource to power generation and create variable amounts of power from it.

Quote-Weapon stats tweaked, shard weapons fire a little faster and are worse at range
I hope they got a match for orassans weapons, currently i rather use orassan weapons then shard ones.

Shard weapons? They are balanced to be around the same power as mid game vanilla. (Orassan weapons seem to be balanced to be beyond vanilla). Shard weapons are bullet hoses that deal kinda low damage. The psionic rifle you can build though deals psionic burning damage, which ignores sharp armor (unlike bullets).

Canute

Quote-Crystal synthesizer is now slightly cheaper, and no longer requires plasteel, meant to be accessible for earlier game.

Does the synthesizer require some requirements then "not to cold, not to hot" ? I can place it anywhere, but they don't get build.

Adalah217

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on July 11, 2017, 12:54:21 PM
They don't require a resource to run, and you can hide them away indoors. Space becomes the only real downside later down the line as well, when generating crystal from synthesizers leaves only the steel and component cost.

I like the naming idea, since real crystal is piezoelectric after all.

The generators explode with psionic energy when they break too, lol.

Either way with the power generation, it is the first iteration. I am exploring options to make psionics a resource to power generation and create variable amounts of power from it.

Shard weapons? They are balanced to be around the same power as mid game vanilla. (Orassan weapons seem to be balanced to be beyond vanilla). Shard weapons are bullet hoses that deal kinda low damage. The psionic rifle you can build though deals psionic burning damage, which ignores sharp armor (unlike bullets).

Personally, I think the current generator is still a little overpowered for the resources required to run it. I think it'd be a great idea to have psionics power it somehow. The easiest way would have psionic be a job skill and just have them work at *something* to produce a fuel to run it, but of course another job skill might weigh down the mod with too many features. Another way might be to have an additional medical percentage, and while regular colonists have ~0% without the additional body part, crystals could have up to 100%, which is of course affects the speed of the job.

Overall, I really appreciate the attention to detail! I think this mod is fairly well balanced overall. I use it with combat extended despite the lack of a patch and just hand wave the fact that crystal weapons dont require ammo as a part of the lore :D

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Adalah217 on July 15, 2017, 09:22:51 AM
Personally, I think the current generator is still a little overpowered for the resources required to run it. I think it'd be a great idea to have psionics power it somehow. The easiest way would have psionic be a job skill and just have them work at *something* to produce a fuel to run it, but of course another job skill might weigh down the mod with too many features. Another way might be to have an additional medical percentage, and while regular colonists have ~0% without the additional body part, crystals could have up to 100%, which is of course affects the speed of the job.

Overall, I really appreciate the attention to detail! I think this mod is fairly well balanced overall. I use it with combat extended despite the lack of a patch and just hand wave the fact that crystal weapons dont require ammo as a part of the lore :D

I've got changes for the generators for next update, they are still going to passively make power (at smaller amounts). But, thanks to Chjess, there will be psionic fields on the map that if you place the generators within, they produce more power. Also their recipes have been tweaked.

Other changes will be replacing the synthesizers, more buildings, and hopefully I can get in some more late-game weapons too.

Adalah217

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on July 15, 2017, 10:03:54 AM
I've got changes for the generators for next update, they are still going to passively make power (at smaller amounts). But, thanks to Chjess, there will be psionic fields on the map that if you place the generators within, they produce more power. Also their recipes have been tweaked.

Other changes will be replacing the synthesizers, more buildings, and hopefully I can get in some more late-game weapons too.

Interesting! I love it! I'm assuming this means the update will require a new map to work. I'm also curious if they have a graphical representation or if it's more like a temperature thing.

As far as buildings, if you were looking for ideas: a crystal lamp or a chandelier would be cool. And I'm not sure if this already exists or not, but the ability to make sculptures out of crystal.

AngleWyrm

Posted in thread for Mines mod

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2017, 09:54:52 AM
Currently i am playing with Crystaloid race which add the crystal. Crystal ore is on the map and mineable, but it don't appear at the mine. Tried to move Mines before and after Crystaloid but nothing change.

If the above mentioned crystal resource were to add the tag ThingDef/deepCommonality then it would become a resource that mines, core miners, and drills can pull from deep underground. The value assigned to deepCommonality determines its scarcity.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 17, 2017, 11:12:37 AM
Posted in thread for Mines mod

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2017, 09:54:52 AM
Currently i am playing with Crystaloid race which add the crystal. Crystal ore is on the map and mineable, but it don't appear at the mine. Tried to move Mines before and after Crystaloid but nothing change.

If the above mentioned crystal resource were to add the tag ThingDef/deepCommonality then it would become a resource that mines, core miners, and drills can pull from deep underground. The value assigned to deepCommonality determines its scarcity.

Thanks for posting it here for me, I will add the tag for the next update :)

Canute

But you still didn't explain if the crystal synthesizer need some special love ! :-(
I placed the blueprint, got the resources but resources don't get delivered to it.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2017, 02:16:12 PM
But you still didn't explain if the crystal synthesizer need some special love ! :-(
I placed the blueprint, got the resources but resources don't get delivered to it.

The current version doesn't have any restrictions on building it, save the research. I don't know what would cause them to not be able to build it, unless they don't have the resources for it. I've doubled checked too, and the colonists are able to build it on my end.

Either way, the synthesizer is getting replaced for next patch.

JadeXyan

I'm having a problem trying to research Crystalline Synthesizing, essentially my colonists act as though I had not selected any research at all and never go to the research bench, even if they are idle. I've met all its requirements, I can even get some research points into it if I trick them by researching something else and switching suddenly, eventually they stop researching and go back to pretending I never selected research.

Canute

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on July 17, 2017, 03:17:55 PM
Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2017, 02:16:12 PM

The current version doesn't have any restrictions on building it, save the research. I don't know what would cause them to not be able to build it, unless they don't have the resources for it. I've doubled checked too, and the colonists are able to build it on my end.

Either way, the synthesizer is getting replaced for next patch.
Must me a mod conflic then. All other is working so far. I just place it with the god mode and destroy the resources currently.