Help me decide how to deal with the risk of infestation in this video'd Colony!

Started by night777, October 17, 2016, 06:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night777

Hi ya'll,

I am playing the scenario OP Elite Team Six Rescue! on Randy Random Intense.

So I'm nearly done with the first season and at the beginning I had to build my base next to a mountain. And I had to mine into that mountain. Now I'm at risk for infestations and its really concerning me! The bugs could just pop up and kill someone quick or cause some other chaos.

So I'm thinking of moving my base into a new area, but it is a lot of work, and I want to make sure my plan is good.

Do me a favor and watch this video (its in Lets Play style with commentary) and give me some advice on how to get away from this infestation risk!

I'm going to hold off on making major changes to the base until then..

Check it and leave your tip for me!!
Vide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_KtBnPpPg

deepSeaKing

where is the infestation, i can't actually figure it out, but anyway if a hive spawned you can do two things shoot from distance and then run away bugs don't tend to follow much far from there hive, and when all of the bugs are dead ignite the hive.

One other thing you can do that is kind of an exploit is that you can contain the hive by building a wall of door, bugs don't dig out door, but be careful, if you contain the hive in this way new hive can be formed and there is a chance that it will form out side of that room made by door so you have to cover it again, and also mental broken pawns tend to go inside the room to feed on insect jelly and get destroyed by  bugs so this is risky.

night777

Hmmm thanks.

It isn't that an infestation has spawned yet. My main concern is for future infestations, so I'm planning on moving my base to the south where I have begun constructing walls to create a grand courtyard, where I will build the rest of my base. The only problem with this strategy is it will take loads of resources and time to build this new habituation to the south. So I'm asking for any general tips on how to make this more economical, or to find out if anyone knows how I can get around having to move this whole base. I've started to think I will move the bedrooms south into the new area but leave the big stockpile where it is, and just put up a few turrets there to shoot up any bugs that might spawn in the zone.

this way my pawns will not be populating th eareas where a hive has a chance to spawn, and I don't have to haul dozens of items to a new zone..