Healing Raiders

Started by ahowe42, October 16, 2016, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahowe42

When a raider is downed, if I capture him, heal him, then send him on his way, the animosity between me and that raiders faction is supposed to decrease.  However, I've noticed that this is not consistently happening.  In my current game, I've had three sequential raids from the same faction.  In all 3, I did exactly this - captured a downed raider, then healed & released.  And yet, I did not get the nice little message about relations improving since he left the map healthy.  Why is this occurring?

Also, I've noticed in previous colonies, that if I capture a downed raider, and set his prisoner interaction to "Release", the idiots will release him immediately.  Since my goal in capturing is typically to heal him & improve inter-factional relations, I have to set the interaction to "Recruit" so he stays around long enough to heal.  Then, I set to release.  Is this possibly causing the problem I've mentioned?

Dingo

A) I'm not sure about this, but I THINK there are faction types you just can't befriend. Pirates, for example. So capturing their raiders just to heal them is less useful than capturing & releasing raiders from towns or tribes.

B) You can set prisoner interaction to "no interaction" or "friendly chat" and set medicine to some degree of doctor care to make sure they are healed before you change the interaction to "release".

O Negative

Yeah, there's a game mechanic that allows you to set certain factions as unappreciative. By default, pirate factions are not appreciative. So, basically, no matter how much good you do, you'll never be friends. They hate you forever, and for no good reason other than the fact that they're jerks lol.

This is easily modded, if you want a different experience. :)

ahowe42

Quote from: O Negative on October 16, 2016, 05:39:42 AM
Yeah, there's a game mechanic that allows you to set certain factions as unappreciative. By default, pirate factions are not appreciative. So, basically, no matter how much good you do, you'll never be friends. They hate you forever, and for no good reason other than the fact that they're jerks lol.

This is easily modded, if you want a different experience. :)

Hahaha.  Those aholes :-).  Thanks, that's probably it.

ahowe42

Quote from: Dingo on October 16, 2016, 04:17:48 AM
A) I'm not sure about this, but I THINK there are faction types you just can't befriend. Pirates, for example. So capturing their raiders just to heal them is less useful than capturing & releasing raiders from towns or tribes.

B) You can set prisoner interaction to "no interaction" or "friendly chat" and set medicine to some degree of doctor care to make sure they are healed before you change the interaction to "release".

Thanks Dingo.  I guess you're right on A), and your suggestion for B) is good.

Wex

You should do this, since they are not going to be friendly.
Amputate any non vital infected part, use a peg leg if it's a leg.
Put some peg leg anyway, they are bound to return.
Then release them.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

O Negative

Quote from: Wex on October 16, 2016, 10:13:15 AM
Then release them.

Yes, this is something I enjoy doing as well :D

Alenerel

Quote from: Wex on October 16, 2016, 10:13:15 AM
Then release them.

Bound to return? Are the raiders always the same? What if you kill one, a new one will be generated then? A tribe/colony/whatever is composed of all the the guys in the raid that assaults you?

Wex

I don't really know.
The longest colony I had was a 18 years old one.
Pirates I released, and pirates that made out of the map, returned regullarly.
Also, the 50 people attacks were probably helping this.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Commander Blackwatch

I rather Killed them or burn them than let them one of them live but is useful if you recruit them than releasing them and it depends for you if you want to release them or not. But will not Improving your relation for them and also they deserve to die than let them live.
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Lizardo

I like the idea of harvesting organs from them and sending them back, a sick mind but a good idea.

Or kibble. That way your pigs don't get sick on the rotting corpses.

Why build a crematorium when you have pigs to feed?
http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

Alenerel

Quote from: Lizardo on October 22, 2016, 11:07:19 AM
I like the idea of harvesting organs from them and sending them back, a sick mind but a good idea.

Or kibble. That way your pigs don't get sick on the rotting corpses.

Why build a crematorium when you have pigs to feed?

I like the idea too but the problem is that the pawns get a huge debuff if you get organs, I think its -9 for each organ and this STACKS. Then -6 for letting him die. And then you have to chop the body to make kibble, but butchering a human body also gives a -6 debuff to everyone.

The idea of installing peg legs to them however is pretty nice. It wont cause debuffs to mood, it will give you good exp for your doctor and next time the raider comes it will be easier to deal with him.

Lizardo

Oh why decry a lovely aesthetic just on account of a few debuffs?!
http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

Alenerel

Quote from: Lizardo on October 22, 2016, 12:33:21 PM
Oh why decry a lovely aesthetic just on account of a few debuffs?!

Harvesting organs 9x3=27
Death = 6
Butchering one corpse = 6

Total = -39 mood for everyone for doing it to 1 guy AND STACKS. I like the feature but its just not a "few" lol