Mortars and shells

Started by ahowe42, October 16, 2016, 04:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahowe42

I want to have two mortars - one on either side of my colony.  However, I can't figure out how to put a storage zone dedicated to shells near each mortar.   If I put identical storage zones near each, my colonists won't evenly distribute the shells as should happen.  Anyway to fix this, so I can use more than one mortar?

niklas7737

Since their stack limit is 25, you could simply make two one-tile-zones with the same priority and craft 50 shells. That would cost you 500 steel but it would also ensure you have quite a few shells in reserve.
But a mortar's range covers the entire map so you could also build two in the same place and let them share a stockpile. If you leave a bit of open space between them (preferably nothing flammable, a four-tile-wide concrete path would do the trick) an explosion of one mortar wouldn't be very dangerous to the other one.

Wex

You can use shelves.
They assure you 2 spaces for shells and you can leave them outside, without having the shells be damaged by weather.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Serenity

A huge reason for using equipment racks (under furniture) is that shells deteriorate in the open. Even if you used zones, you'd need some sort of roof

ahowe42

Quote from: Wex on October 16, 2016, 06:50:37 AM
You can use shelves.
They assure you 2 spaces for shells and you can leave them outside, without having the shells be damaged by weather.
That's great, thanks for pointing that out.