[A16 WIP] Star Wars: An Outer-Rim World Story

Started by demeggy, October 16, 2016, 06:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeggy

Cheers, will do! The intention at the moment will be to get this initial content finished off, then probably move onto .dll's and something seperate as I've got C# knowledge I could start using on the scene :)

I'm probably about 2 thirds the way through the fauna assets now. I knock a couple out each evening, so I'll most likely get some images upload this eve, and will aim to get an early test build available for download over the weekend.

Mr.Cross

Oooo looks good already! Can't wait to try it! I'm curious are you adding the clone era into this as well?
Claims to know most things.

ChromeMax

Exactly! I would love to have Clone troopers at my disposal ready to fight the raiders. Could you make a cloning chamber?

Mr.Cross

Eh, I don't think we should get a cloning chamber/vat unless they have an extreamly short lifespan and or are hard to make. I honestly was hoping for just the Armour and equipment from the clone era

demeggy

Cheers, no Clone wars era content right now! Im focusing specifically on the Galactic Civil War era here, so Ill let someone else take on that chalice!
I was considering trying to develop Moisture Vaporators that turn sand into soil or allow growing of crops in a nearby radius, but Im not building custom .dlls into this just yet.

Mr.Cross

Ah, tis a shame. however storm troopers were always my second favorite XD

ChromeMax

Quote from: demeggy on November 03, 2016, 09:25:46 AM
Cheers, no Clone wars era content right now! Im focusing specifically on the Galactic Civil War era here, so Ill let someone else take on that chalice!
I was considering trying to develop Moisture Vaporators that turn sand into soil or allow growing of crops in a nearby radius, but Im not building custom .dlls into this just yet.
Can I submit some helmet designs sprites and designs for the clones to you so that you can input them? I'd really like to have clone troopers in the mod. I can do most of the work as long as you put it in the mod.

demeggy

Ill have to see how much time I have spare once the main list of features is completed,  so let me come back to you on that.

demeggy

So this evening I've been trying valiantly to think of a viable use for the Moisture Vaporators. It would make sense for them to 'grow' water that could be used as a foodsource, but that would take some .dll coding... so any other suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Update: Solution Found!

In addition to Hydroponic farming, I've come up with a Moisture farming research topic and production object that allows you to 'grow' Fungi and Water.

demeggy

Aiming to throw up a test build of this by the end of the weekend so y'all can get your mits on it and give me some initial feedback.

I've still got a chunk of the artwork to finish, and I need to iron out some kinks - but pretty much most of the def work and .xml editing is completed (save for changes/fixes).

See my outstanding bugs list below:

- finish fauna textures
- retexture foods
- fix tusken raider outfits (fat/thin/hulk/female)
- def rebel outfit textures
- create/def mandalorian armour textures
- replace orbital trade beacon (Landing Pad rev.)
- add droids sounds
- flooring needs renaming to converted namesakes
- create moisture vaparator texture/add shadow in def
- (Bug) droids cant be healed (and bleed)
- (Bug) droids cant be trained
- (Bug) droid body parts need fixing

Demeggy

demeggy

I did experiment with a theory in adding alien races... (Race 'masks' acting as hairpieces - Wookiees, Twi'leks, Rodians etc)
There's a vague, vague possibility I'll include it so those willing to sacrifice headgear can use the Prepare Carefully mod to select the types of aliens they want in, but as a standard feature, it's highly impractical. Headgear tends to hide away hair you see, so as soon as your colonist Wookiee dons a  cowboy hat, his hairy face becomes... fleshy. Now that's what I call a bad case of alopecia!

kaptain_kavern

Just a quick thought, sorry if it not helping ;)

Have you considered using Humanoid Alien Races?

It is a framework with some custom C# classes made for simplifying the add of custom Humanoid Races.

That what we are using in the WH40K mod, where we have several humanoid alien races (some screenshots).

Always happy to read throughout your progression logs ;)

Cheers

demeggy

Genius - thanks Kap! I'll be definitely using this if possible - having looked at it, looks relatively straight forward to get ingame.

No progress since the weekend unfortunately, suffering with a bit of a cold - so it's work and bedrest for the most part. I do intend on finishing off the fauna graphics by the end of the week mind, so watch this space...

demeggy

Very little done throughout the week unfortunately, but intending on wrapping this up in its initial form over the next week.
I've got a few things left to do and bugs to fix (I seem to be struggling getting Bodies and BodyPart defs work correctly for the Droids), so I'll throw an update out in the next 48 hours.

Pink Omega

Hello. Can I ask you something? In wich platform you created/drew/painted the creatures (Like Tauntaun for example) from this mod? :P

<=To Be Continued/\/