The Music thread

Started by KillTyrant, October 16, 2016, 02:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArguedPiano

The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

mabor0shi

Quote from: ArguedPiano on February 17, 2017, 11:11:44 PM
I dedicate this post to some of my favorite bands with female vocalists.
PARAM♡RE!
Here are a few non-Japanese female led bands that I like, but not as much as PMORE. In order of very good band to great band (not quality of song or music video):
🕸Love, Robot - Fire Escape
🕸VersaEmerge - Fixed at Zero
🕸crystalyne - Wolves
🕸Tonight Alive - Lonely Girl
🕸PVRIS - Waking Up No video
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

MeowRailroad

Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

KillTyrant

I will definitely have to try and make a playlist for all of these songs and make it available on the first post. Anyone have any ideas how I should organize it or should I just throw it all together haha

mabor0shi

Quote from: KillTyrant on March 01, 2017, 07:43:01 PM
I will definitely have to try and make a playlist for all of these songs and make it available on the first post. Anyone have any ideas how I should organize it or should I just throw it all together haha
organize by genre.
any requests for a genre? if you have no funk or blues or something you want an example of, somebody might have a good one.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

MeowRailroad

Just throw it all together, although you could sort in by order and then share what order that is, for example: songs 1-15 are metal, songs 15-30 are country, songs 30-45 are electronic, etc.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Quazimojojojo

I'm glad to see so much Nightwish linked on here. Also, never run into anyone else who even knew who Amaranthe or The Birthday Massacre were. I like the cut of your collective jibs

I'll add some of my favorites

From Nightwish (by singer, they're on their third)

Tarja (first singer, I'm partial to the latter 2)

Dark Chest of Wonders - Nightwish (If you can listen to this song and NOT headbang, you either have great willpower, or aren't a fan of this genre)
Stargazers - Nightwish

Annette  (you can probably find recordings of her doing older songs too)

The Poet and the Pendulum - Nightwish (this is a long one)
Meadows of Heaven - Nightwish (there's a quiet cello at the very beginning. Just a forewarning so you break your ears adjusting the volume)
Whoever Brings the Night - Nightwish (featured in Little Big Planet 2!)
Storytime - Nightwish (they made a movie out of this album! It's not awful either!)
Scaretale - Nightwish (This one always makes me smile. So tongue-in-cheek 'spooky')

Floor (current singer. Arguably the best. Has also covered songs)

Sagan - Nightwish (Yes, that Sagan)
The Eyes of Sharbat Gula - Nightwish (AKA Afghan girl)
The Greatest Show on Earth - Nightwish (the bit they play in concert is 5:00 - about 16:30. And that finale is just... ohmahgawd. Especially live.)

Non-metal (because listing my favorite metal songs would take up about 2 pages)

FAT REFUND - Egoraptor et al. (This one is quite crass. And funny as hell)
Weird Al. That's all you should need to know
A Neverending Dream - Cascada (because everyone already knows Every time we Touch)
Build That Wall - Bastion Soundtrack (Shame current politics add unnecessary connotations to this song)
Fire with Fire - Delain (I lied about the metal thing. Way excited to see them live again!)
If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly (It's not metal I swear!)
September - Earth, Wind & Fire ( BAAAA DEEE YAAAAAAAH! SAY DO YOU REMEMBAAAAAH)
Bronte - Gotye (If you ever lost a pet I apologize for the tears)
Everything's Alright - To the Moon Soundtrack (Play this game. For real.)
Sam's Town - The Killers (One of my favorite intros of all time)
Spaceman - The Killers (Nothing to say here. It's just catchy)
A Great Big Sled - The Killers (Is it just me, or does this singer always sound on the verge of tears that could be either joyous or sorrowful?)
Spring Break Anthem - The Lonely Island (there's a reason you should only spring break as a senior. You're just not ready before then)
The Best of Times - Sage Francis (Again, that last line hits like a therapeutic brick)
Umbrella - Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox (eat your heart out, Rihanna)
Half a Marathon Man - Sonata Arctica (something about this song is just so... inspirational)
Honeybee - Steam Powered Giraffe (ahh, first love. Never ends well, but always leaves a good memory or 2)
Goodbye, Papa - Tuomas Holopainen (Sorrowful beauty. God I'm a sap for piano and cellos)
Just My Imagination - The Temptations (Can't beat the classics)
You Rascal You - Louis Armstrong & And Louis Jordan (This is the best version. Come at me.)

Oh, that's quite a few songs. Sorry about that!

Dark_Inquisitor

Heeey, that's a nice thread you got here. I always liked threads like these, but this time I thought I might post something myself, mostly less-known music, at least to my knowing, so yeah... Here's what I've got! :)

Rise of Nations - Rise of Legends: ATB Economic - Duane Decker - Orchestral music, mostly strings
Dust, iron and wood - Chucky & Silver - Very similar vibe to RimWorld
EVE Online 10 Years Anniversary Symphony - Speaks for itself :S
Lost in Las Vegas - TSFH - Calmer, soothing piece by Two Steps From Hell...
Theme of the Knightshift/Polanie II game - Theme of really old strategy game. Not really known, but its soundtrack is rater nice and soothing, too.
Madokara Mieru - Cornerstone Cues
Diem Ex Dei - Globus
Nara - E.S. Posthumus
The Witcher 3 - Tribute Guitar Medley - Lukasz Kapuscinski - Really good guitar rendition of Witcher 3 soundtrack, definitely worth a listen.
When I See You Dance With Another - Royal Republic A bit of rock for a change, but real good one! Very good band ;)

KillTyrant

New York, New York - Frank Sinatra - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ZUXQuFcnw
Running in the 90's Vaporwave - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E

After the holidays, ill somehow make a playlist with everyones links.

VincentJ

Quote from: Falloutlover on November 08, 2016, 10:56:17 PM
Look at the link in my signature. I BET YOU WON'T I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU
IT WAS JUDA'S PRIEST !!! I've been hearing this song for years in a french radio show, but they just changed the music. It was the opening song. The presenter played it with maracas, a kazoo and a clicker.
Actually it was maybe more a cover. I don't know. I think the man that led this show is dead (if he's dead may he rest in peace in hell with his motorcycled angels and shout metal lyrics, and drink beer of course)

No, personnally, now, I'm listenning "Blue" by Joni Mitchell, I've got a big crush on this album, sometimes I come back to it. Most of the time, I'm sad to say I listen to folk music, you know, soporific things that everybody herd about.
So I can't really be integrated on forum internet music threads, when everybody listen to metal and post-rock (you know, post-rock music, the songs that last more than 10 minutes, without vocals, oh, I guess you know what I'm talking about)

ruddthree

haanuman

Crow_T

(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

CucumberedPickle

The number of possible signatures there are might as well be, for practical use, infinite, yet I chose this one.