[MOD IDEA] Rest is important

Started by xDahaka2012x, October 17, 2016, 05:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xDahaka2012x

Hello, everyone.
I had some bad sleep today so here is my idea: rest should affect pawn's efficiency.
Before we had only exhaustion that affected pawns. Being tired only gave negative moodlet which doesn't seem to do much.
So here is my idea:

1. Tired and Exhausted pawns get special medical conditions which reduce their consciousness, manipulation and sight. This may also give some bonus to hearing (everything is TOO loud when you really want to sleep) and some other functions of the pawn. You get the idea.

2. New threshold of rest should be implemented. Now, the highest amount of sleep should be 70-80% (whichever is justified) without special conditions. Some of which are: a bedroom (better bedroom gives more additional rest%), a bed (same), undisturbed sleep (immediate -5% rest threshold reduction for disturbed sleep), hunger or addiction satisfactions (same?), sleeping in the cold/heat (same) and whatever else one can come up with.
The good thing is that going higher that base threshold would yield additional functional bonuses for the pawn - +consciousness, manipulation, talking, hearing etc. This can be either stable or staged increase (depending on how high the "rest" need is).

I am not a modder myself and I believe it is partially hard to implement but I am looking forward to your comments and ideas. Hope you liked it.
Thank you for your attention!