Has Anyone Seen This???

Started by Cynsity702, October 10, 2016, 04:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynsity702

I do not know which mod makes these red "X's" popup in red boxes throughout the map. Just wanted to know if anyone seen this and know why it appears? I disabled a few mods that I thought would cause this but that didn't work so I know it isn't them. Attached is a picture of whats going on....

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kaptain_kavern

This means the game can't find the textures for whatever those red Xs represent when you select them

Cynsity702

Well then....how does one go about fixing it? Is it a mod compatibility issue??

kaptain_kavern

The most commons case will typically be a play created with a mod on loaded without.

Without more details it's hard to tell you more. You should have error message in the console. Also when you select those items, what are they?

If you were not fiddling with core XML files, then yes it must be a mod issue

Cynsity702

I don't know where to find my error logs on my Mac, I've looked and looked and searched and still can't seem to locate the files. I do not get any error logs or messaged during before or after gameplay so that doesn't help either. My mods all seem to be compatible because no error shows up on the main menu after loading them.

nccvoyager

In the options menu, enable "dev mode" so you can view the in-game error console.
There will then be an icon in the upper-right you can click to view the in-game console.
This console may help you debug an issue with something like a mod, though it is less in-depth than a output_log file for error reporting.

Cynsity702

Found the culprit....Slice Melange
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754702336

It is not compatible with other mods that alter biomes.
Also found my mod config list as it was hidden and I did not know that, so problem solved. This can be closed now but i don't know how to do that. Thanks everyone for the help.