[A16] RimFridge

Started by Vendan, October 17, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnlyMarvellous

The mod author hasn't been active since February so I think he may have moved on for now. I asked for some links to RimFridge and Hauling Hysteresis in another topic and a user named AngleWyrm replied with the zip files. I'll attach them here as well in case anybody else comes here looking for these particular mods.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Run away!

timeandtherani

So these mods are not going to be updated? Has anyone tried them for A17 yet?

Sixdd

I tried RimFridge with A17 and it throws errors. I didn't test whether it still worked after the error but my guess is it doesn't.

SihvMan

Anyone looking for a fridge alternative can use either Jecrell's Industrial Objects (should update soon-ish) or mrofa's Clutter Furniture (author says two months out). They both include fridge devices.

Sixdd

I'm working on updating RimFridge for myself but it could take a long time as I know all of nil about the codebase. I have nothing against the other mods I just don't want anything else but the fridge, plus I really like the convenience store cooler look of RimFridge. :D

Kiame

I've updated RimFridge to A17 and uploaded it to steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933372949

If Vendan wishes me to take it down I will.

photomike72

Is there a way to get the updated A17 RimFridge mod if you have Non-Steam version of Rimworld?

Kiame

I'm waiting to get Vendan's permission before adding the code to github. I think i'll at least create github page and then add the zip there at least for now. Give me a few minutes

Direct Download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-rimfridge/releases/download/20170526/RimFridge.zip

tarator

Recently it hit me that it's crazy to keep the kitchen at freezing temperatures or even worse, put the stove in the freezer. Thanks everybody and please keep the mod alive until the devs show mercy to the cooks!

Sixdd

Thank you for updating it Kiame. :D

kaptain_kavern

Am I the only one for who it's not working?

Sixdd

I just tested and it does work. However it also throws an error about blank/empty lines in StringBuilder. Other than that it does work in that it keeps food frozen so yay!

dismar

return stringBuilder.ToString().TrimEndNewlines();

would fix that error

Kiame

Quote from: Sixdd on May 26, 2017, 11:32:57 PM
I just tested and it does work. However it also throws an error about blank/empty lines in StringBuilder. Other than that it does work in that it keeps food frozen so yay!

Hmm i saw that earlier in testing but i thought i had fixed it

Quote from: dismar on May 27, 2017, 12:26:20 AM
return stringBuilder.ToString().TrimEndNewlines();

would fix that error

I'll try that

Kiame

Power usage & total added back into the inspection window and hopefully the log error is fixed  :)

Updated the direct download too