[A16] RimFridge

Started by Vendan, October 17, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erickdesugaming

Vendan

Quote from: Hatti on January 22, 2017, 06:33:44 AM
Quote from: Der Failer on January 21, 2017, 03:35:23 PM
Quote from: Sirsim on January 21, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
  Oh, that's why all beds are green! I was about to start tweaking the mods to find the problem but was lucky to find the thread...
Ahem, the color of beds are not defined in the xml files, so if I'm not totally mistaken it must be hardcoded, therefore a simple xml change shouldn't do anything.

Redefining an abstract from the Core is absolutely normal in a mod. Furthermore a changed abstract in a mod, can not mess with objects from the core, nor with things from other mods loaded before it (unless said mod or a mod loaded after it, redefines the object it self).
To me this sounds like a mod loaded after RimFrige redefines vanilla objects but don't define the abstracts it is using and therefore uses the ones definite in RimFrige. This however would mean that the problem is not on RimFriges side but instead on whatever mod loads after it.

None the less, i noticed that RimFrige itself has this problem, it is using the "BuildingBase" but does not define this it. Please change this to avoid conflicts.

All abstracts a mod uses must be defined within it, see here for more information on this topic.

If you use the "More Furniture" mod and load it aftrer RimFridge, you wont have any quality stat anymore on vanilla furniture. Disable RimFridge (or More Furniture) and problem is solved.. Put another mod which redefines the abstract Furniture def between the two and its also salved..

And thats the reason, why you NEVER should redefine a abstract def from core game with same name and modifications to it! There is no need to redefine it with the same name! You cant control what other mods are doing and in this case, a mod is doing funny stuff that causes that the redefined abstract furniture from RimFridge is applied to the core stuff and they dont have any quality stat anymore. Also it breaks several other mods too.

And yes, i´m aware of the xml inheritance problem. Others may dont. If they rely on the abstract def for some reason, it will break their mod too without knowing. Just redefine it under new name will solve all problems.
More Furniture dont redefine the abstract Furniture def so it uses it from RimFridge.

This has now been fixed, but please note that any other mods that may have been having issues as a result are *still* broken, though they may no longer show it.

AnNyeong

https://gyazo.com/73154e921ef00fe787d946e132624856
Idk if it's combat realism or rimfridge but... it happens A LOT. Can't use fridges anymore, does the same with double fridge ! :(
Load order ;
Core
HugsLib
Combat Realism
Rimfridge
Other addons

coldcell

Quote from: AnNyeong on January 24, 2017, 03:06:09 PM
Idk if it's combat realism or rimfridge but... it happens A LOT. Can't use fridges anymore, does the same with double fridge ! :(
Load order ;
Core
HugsLib
Combat Realism
Rimfridge
Other addons

It's combat realism. You are using an outdated version of CR. If you download from the 1st post in CR's thread, it's a bit outdated.

Go here: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism

Then click "Clone or download". Basically it's the ammo/inventory issue and the updated version fixed it.

AnNyeong

Quote from: coldcell on January 24, 2017, 03:12:25 PM
Quote from: AnNyeong on January 24, 2017, 03:06:09 PM
Load order ;
Core
HugsLib
Combat Realism
Rimfridge
Other addons

It's combat realism. You are using an outdated version of CR. If you download from the 1st post in CR's thread, it's a bit outdated.

Go here: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/CombatRealism

Then click "Clone or download". Basically it's the ammo/inventory issue and the updated version fixed it.
Oh, I'm using the workshop version, I guess it's just as old as the one uploaded :P! Thanks!

Icefrenzy

Is there a materials version of this fridge (kinda like a crate)? I would love for my materials to also be neatly stacked in 1 tile instead of all over the place

Thyme

Why would you store steel in a fridge? To prevent heatstroke?

The RimFridge is nothing else than a 1x1 stockpile with AC and limited choice. You could try that. Sorry for the joke, couldn't resist ;)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Icefrenzy

Quote from: Thyme on January 25, 2017, 08:18:30 AM
Why would you store steel in a fridge? To prevent heatstroke?

The RimFridge is nothing else than a 1x1 stockpile with AC and limited choice. You could try that. Sorry for the joke, couldn't resist ;)

Lol no problem

But anyway let me elaborate a bit. My pawns tend to get busy hauling materials and crafting then halfway stop due to raids and other shenanigans. Then some other pawn comes over to the materials they left on the floor and decide its a genius idea to make a new stack of materials. Making a mess of the storage room/warehouse I made.

I was hoping for a mod similar to this that prioritixes pawns to just place materials in a container like tile without any heating or cooling functions since it looks nicer from what I saw in the fridge mod so far =v=b

Thyme

Cleaning up stockpiles is a neccessary feature in vanilla imo (and has been suggested). From what I've seen, two pawns hauling the same material to a stockpile can't do it to the same target tile, they will make two stacks (one of them should finish the half-stack). On other occasions, the stack-finishing doesn't work. Like yesterday when I had five small stacks of neutroamine scattered that I wanted to place in one tile. Deleted the stockpile in four of those stacks, prioritised hauling, those four stacks got picked up and placed in a new tile. Total number of neutroamine is less than one stack of course. However, deleting all five tiles works, because the entire neutroamine gets picked up and then placed in the stockpile. The problem was caused by silly colonists that where unable to finish the stack in the first place. I couldn't deduce any pattern so far for that. As far as I understand it, this won't happen for RimFridge because it's a small stockpile (1x1 or 1x2) which also will always be filled up (-> no half-stacks at all that can problems). The limitation of allowed items* might play a role as well, not sure.

To solve your issue I have two suggestions:
+Try if those problems appear in small stockpiles
+Make more different stockpiles, each one holding a very limited variety of goods (e.g. one only for steel, one for wood, one for bricks, ..., one or two for all that stuff you don't have much, like AI cores, artifacts; doesn't have to be one material per stockpile, concentrating building materials or such could suffice). This one is only a guess, but it works acceptable enough for me.

*allowed is in this case equal to: no more than two different items
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Icefrenzy

Quote from: Thyme on January 25, 2017, 03:20:49 PM
Cleaning up stockpiles is a neccessary feature in vanilla imo (and has been suggested). From what I've seen, two pawns hauling the same material to a stockpile can't do it to the same target tile, they will make two stacks (one of them should finish the half-stack). On other occasions, the stack-finishing doesn't work. Like yesterday when I had five small stacks of neutroamine scattered that I wanted to place in one tile. Deleted the stockpile in four of those stacks, prioritised hauling, those four stacks got picked up and placed in a new tile. Total number of neutroamine is less than one stack of course. However, deleting all five tiles works, because the entire neutroamine gets picked up and then placed in the stockpile. The problem was caused by silly colonists that where unable to finish the stack in the first place. I couldn't deduce any pattern so far for that. As far as I understand it, this won't happen for RimFridge because it's a small stockpile (1x1 or 1x2) which also will always be filled up (-> no half-stacks at all that can problems). The limitation of allowed items* might play a role as well, not sure.

To solve your issue I have two suggestions:
+Try if those problems appear in small stockpiles
+Make more different stockpiles, each one holding a very limited variety of goods (e.g. one only for steel, one for wood, one for bricks, ..., one or two for all that stuff you don't have much, like AI cores, artifacts; doesn't have to be one material per stockpile, concentrating building materials or such could suffice). This one is only a guess, but it works acceptable enough for me.

*allowed is in this case equal to: no more than two different items

Nice I'll try that technique out then! Relatively new to the game so this helps a lot for me since organizing the stockpile to not look like a garbage dump is one of the things I'm trying to learn right now =v=b

Fellbourne

@Icefrenzy There are a couple of mods that provide storage for general items that work in the way you describe. Try out Tammabanana's Kitchen Counter, and other shelving -  located here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28381.0 I use this mod and like it quite well. Note the food racks are not refrigerated, so you'll likely still want rimfridge, they do work well in your freezer tho if you don't want stuff lying on the floor or want specific items separated.

or brunayla's NonDecayingStorage - located here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7179.0 I've not used this one but it seems to be similar.

Instructor

Ruisuki

Im comparing different storing mods atm, but I like rimfridge in that it adds more of a homely feel with fridges, whereas others dont. Ill still probably run rimfridge for that alone.

@icefrenzy If youre looking for other storage mods also check out extended storage and storage crates. All seem to involve food preservation(unsure if crates dont spoil but they food can be 'canned' too). However, it seems Rimfridge has the +5 cold one mood bonus over them. Also the 2 tile fridge variant where I believe only ext storage offers a 1 tile AC unit. I think another advantage rimfridge has is you can do quickcooking method similar to how you can with stools/stockpiles.

Grabarz

can You add 4x4 version or modular version ? something like modular table mod ?

t3ff13