[A16] RimFridge

Started by Vendan, October 17, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

Quote from: Vendan on October 18, 2016, 04:38:05 PM
New Version

Added support for beers, and beers that are kept cold in a RimFridge now give a +5 "Enjoyed a cold one" thought when drunk

I can't put beers in the double squares fridge, only in the single. The def only allow on the single. This is correct?

lc-soz

Quote from: Vendan on October 19, 2016, 09:19:45 AM
Can't just magically get rid of heat.  It's a rather marginal amount of heat generation though.

It would be better if the room get warmer (a little bit, proportional if a cooler was exhausting a 1x1 or 1x2 room). Because of how small the fridge is compared to normal rooms I think that even if it was implemented wouldn't make a big difference, but in a small room (3x3 for example) would make a difference or a room fill up with fridges would too.

Another way would be to create "pipes" so the heat is output in another place.

Vendan

Quote from: lc-soz on October 19, 2016, 09:31:09 AM
Quote from: Vendan on October 18, 2016, 04:38:05 PM
New Version

Added support for beers, and beers that are kept cold in a RimFridge now give a +5 "Enjoyed a cold one" thought when drunk

I can't put beers in the double squares fridge, only in the single. The def only allow on the single. This is correct?

That was a mistake, and I just uploaded the fixed version, both on here and on steam.

Vendan

Quote from: lc-soz on October 19, 2016, 09:40:52 AM
Quote from: Vendan on October 19, 2016, 09:19:45 AM
Can't just magically get rid of heat.  It's a rather marginal amount of heat generation though.

It would be better if the room get warmer (a little bit, proportional if a cooler was exhausting a 1x1 or 1x2 room). Because of how small the fridge is compared to normal rooms I think that even if it was implemented wouldn't make a big difference, but in a small room (3x3 for example) would make a difference or a room fill up with fridges would too.

Another way would be to create "pipes" so the heat is output in another place.

That's pretty much what it already does... I mean, fill a small room with fridges and you'll average out to about 1~2 degrees warmer then outside.  It's not terribly much.

Commander Blackwatch

Very useful mod to stop spoil the food and its depends the room its not warmer but its useful

Fridge : 8.3/10

Average 8.3/10

P.S : Keep Good Work
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

jmababa

could you make this to take all medicine I want my gleamcap med not to expire from caveworld flora mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.0. Great fridge compatible with fishing mod takes every fish now peeps won't have to eat it raw corpse if can't build large freezer

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: jmababa on November 03, 2016, 07:42:17 AM
could you make this to take all medicine I want my gleamcap med not to expire from caveworld flora mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.0. Great fridge compatible with fishing mod takes every fish now peeps won't have to eat it raw corpse if can't build large freezer

first, I want to say thanks jmbaba, i'd forgotten all about that mod - i'm definitely going to add it for my next colony.

second, as an FYI you can the edit the files yourself in notepad, wordpad or something fancier.

the file you want to change is in RimWorld1284Win\Mods\RimFridge\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings (there is just the one file in there)
everywhere in the file that you mind <li>HerbalMedicine</li> insert a new blank line and paste this: <li>GleamcapStem</li>, there should be two :)

since i'm not currently running the flora mod I don't have an edited version to share.

jmababa

Thankz now i know what to look for

shadowstitch

Thanks! I love it.
Purring along perfectly with my other kludged-up mods.
I honestly don't know why storage racks and single-block refrigerated solutions aren't a part of the core game to begin with.  :-\

Devon_v

This is really nice, thanks.

kaptain_kavern

Hi, Vendan,

First thank you for the mod, I use it everytime I play.

I wanted to inform you that I used your mod as a dependency, required for my storage-mod, in order to make a refrigerated rack-storage. Please tell me if it's a problem for you.

Something I spotted, not even a bug if you ask me :
- If a colonist is ordered to drink a beer directly, the thought "had a cold one" is properly triggered
- But if a colonist drink a beer, as part of a Joy/Relaxing time, the thought is not triggered.
I have not even a clue as why it happened that way tough.

Anyway, thanks again for the mod

Vendan

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 06, 2016, 04:16:57 PM
Hi, Vendan,

I wanted to inform you that I used your mod as a dependency, required for my storage-mod, in order to make a refrigerated rack-storage. Please tell me if it's a problem for you.

- If a colonist is ordered to drink a beer directly, the thought "had a cold one" is properly triggered
- But if a colonist drink a beer, as part of a Joy/Relaxing time, the thought is not triggered.

huh, only thing I can think of is that that's not considered "ingesting" the drink...?

And I'm fine with you using it as a dependency, though I also have no issue with you pulling the code or the dll itself into your mod.

SteelRev

Can confirm the thought not being triggered. Still love the MOD tho

Tammabanana

Quote from: Vendan on November 07, 2016, 06:42:46 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 06, 2016, 04:16:57 PM
Hi, Vendan,

huh, only thing I can think of is that that's not considered "ingesting" the drink...?

I'm seeing something similar in CK plants/animals, Kaptain - when a colonist picks up a Dream Vine during Joy time, they'll sit around with the dreamvine in their hands, and when they're done the dreamvine will disappear, but they don't get the drug effects.

I've never paid attention to whether a beer/drug in vanilla has the same Joy-related issue or not, though. I'll keep an eye out next time I play a remind-myself-what-vanilla-looks-like game.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

kaptain_kavern

Haha I report a bug to be told I have the same in one of my mod. So ironic ^^

Thx Tamma.

So either Vendan and I have missed a XML tag somewhere or it's a vanilla bug (and then it should happen with regular "non-refrigerate beer also and should be reported, I'll have look when I got the occasion