[A16] RimFridge

Started by Vendan, October 17, 2016, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkZero

Um,I can't store human's dead body in fridge..

Zebukin

Quote from: DarkZero on January 14, 2017, 01:18:55 PM
Um,I can't store human's dead body in fridge..
Try to chop it before.

DarkZero

I know that,but i just want to store humans.I can store animal's corpse,but I can't store human's corpse.

jmababa

Still most useful fridge in A16

deathstar

Looks great, works great! Love the faint blue light the fridges give off.

DH9129

Quote from: Stage on January 12, 2017, 10:34:36 AM
Hi Vendan!

Thank you for making RimFridge, it is one of my essential mods! (why isn't it already stock? :D)

I have a compatability request:

Would it be possible to make it compatible with Quantum Storage?
Quantum Storage does not recognise it as storage (I would like to have a quantum relay fridge :D)
Is this an issue you can fix, or should I ask in the Quantum Storage post?

Thanks!
Regards, Stage

Seconded

Canute

I just want to ask, how that should work ?
With the relay you just pull stuff from the warehouse, and push from adjacent fields to the warehouse back.
So you want that the relay push the meals ouf of the cold fridge maybe to the warm warehouse ?

I bet you want the other way, the relay should pull meal and put it straight into the fridge, but thats the relay never pull things out of the relay pad, that still need to do your pawns.
Ratys thought about to made a fridge relay, but said it would be to overpowered.

With industrie rollers mod, you can create a belt system that deliver if needed meals into the fridge.

DH9129

relay fridge was what i was thinking to just pull from main freezer to remote location. dining room/prison/guest quarters etc. if its linked to the relay tech its not op because you can create a 1 tile room cooled and use relay so relay fridge would be the same just make it take relay power plus freezer power.

Hatti

Found big bug in the RimFridge mod, that breaks other mods and causes undefined behaviour.

You redefine the "FurnitureBase" def, but removed the "CompQuality" component from it. So every vanilla furniture dont have any quality anymore!

Sirsim

Oh, that's why all beds are green! I was about to start tweaking the mods to find the problem but was lucky to find the thread...
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

Der Failer

Quote from: Sirsim on January 21, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
  Oh, that's why all beds are green! I was about to start tweaking the mods to find the problem but was lucky to find the thread...
Ahem, the color of beds are not defined in the xml files, so if I'm not totally mistaken it must be hardcoded, therefore a simple xml change shouldn't do anything.

Redefining an abstract from the Core is absolutely normal in a mod. Furthermore a changed abstract in a mod, can not mess with objects from the core, nor with things from other mods loaded before it (unless said mod or a mod loaded after it, redefines the object it self).
To me this sounds like a mod loaded after RimFrige redefines vanilla objects but don't define the abstracts it is using and therefore uses the ones definite in RimFrige. This however would mean that the problem is not on RimFriges side but instead on whatever mod loads after it.

None the less, i noticed that RimFrige itself has this problem, it is using the "BuildingBase" but does not define this it. Please change this to avoid conflicts.

All abstracts a mod uses must be defined within it, see here for more information on this topic.

erickdesugaming

download link is not working? i've been trying to download it since yesterday but still not working for me

Hatti

Quote from: Der Failer on January 21, 2017, 03:35:23 PM
Quote from: Sirsim on January 21, 2017, 12:03:18 PM
Ahem, the color of beds are not defined in the xml files, so if I'm not totally mistaken it must be hardcoded, therefore a simple xml change shouldn't do anything.

Redefining an abstract from the Core is absolutely normal in a mod. Furthermore a changed abstract in a mod, can not mess with objects from the core, nor with things from other mods loaded before it (unless said mod or a mod loaded after it, redefines the object it self).
To me this sounds like a mod loaded after RimFrige redefines vanilla objects but don't define the abstracts it is using and therefore uses the ones definite in RimFrige. This however would mean that the problem is not on RimFriges side but instead on whatever mod loads after it.

None the less, i noticed that RimFrige itself has this problem, it is using the "BuildingBase" but does not define this it. Please change this to avoid conflicts.

All abstracts a mod uses must be defined within it, see here for more information on this topic.

If you use the "More Furniture" mod and load it aftrer RimFridge, you wont have any quality stat anymore on vanilla furniture. Disable RimFridge (or More Furniture) and problem is solved.. Put another mod which redefines the abstract Furniture def between the two and its also salved..

And thats the reason, why you NEVER should redefine a abstract def from core game with same name and modifications to it! There is no need to redefine it with the same name! You cant control what other mods are doing and in this case, a mod is doing funny stuff that causes that the redefined abstract furniture from RimFridge is applied to the core stuff and they dont have any quality stat anymore. Also it breaks several other mods too.

And yes, i´m aware of the xml inheritance problem. Others may dont. If they rely on the abstract def for some reason, it will break their mod too without knowing. Just redefine it under new name will solve all problems.
More Furniture dont redefine the abstract Furniture def so it uses it from RimFridge.

Canute

Quote from: erickdesugaming on January 22, 2017, 06:17:02 AM
download link is not working? i've been trying to download it since yesterday but still not working for me
Until he fix the download here is it as attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]