Curious performance

Started by Litcube, October 18, 2016, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

With all this talk of relations and story pawns being kept around in the files and slowing things down, I feel like my 10 or so wolves that have been going at it like rabbits for about 6 game years are doing my save in. I think the family tree goes like 5 generations deep from the original pack and with 6 boys and 5 girls, there's no incest. Unfortunately all the oldies are bonded to a beast master and I personally don't want to let them go. Strange what giving some pixel wolves a few names does.

KingKnee

Quote from: Zhentar on January 21, 2017, 07:51:18 PM

I did notice a small improvement, but nothing radical. Probably most of the deleted pawns were dead, so they aren't very expensive to tick.

As for burning corpses, the only pawns that could be cleaned up would be the dead pawn that you burned, so again, not a very big win. Unless..... hmmm....

Another new version. This one prunes branches only connected to the relationship tree through dead, corpseless pawns. It clears another ~350 pawns from your save, and potentially more if you start burning corpses.

Starting a second colony just tanked my game, we're talking 10-18 FPS on speed 2, so I think I've reached the limit of what my machine can do.
Just a heads up, with your last mod version I noticed that corpses disappear from sarcophagi. The sarcophagi keep their story about who was buried there but they are empty and can be reused. I'm thinking your mod removes the dead chars.