Can't Access the forums (Im using my phone / Steam)

Started by Tatte, October 18, 2016, 02:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatte

It's been like this for ever since alpha 15 release. It does this every update but never for this long!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
~Tatte~

nccvoyager

Try refreshing the page using Ctrl-F5.
This will attempt to force the browser to load directly from the server instead of just loading a cached file.

If this does not work, try connecting to the website using another web browser.
(Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)

If this does (or doesn't) work, you may need to clear your browser cache.

Important:
Before you begin this process, be aware that this may result in a loss of saved data for any web-based flash videos/games!
Be aware that, depending on the options you choose during the process, you may lose saved passwords, billing information, and cookies!
Be aware that lost cookies may result in the requirement of you logging in to many websites again, and may also require you to complete two-step verification on some websites again!

Got all that?
Okay, then go ahead.

Google Chrome

If the issue is not resolved now, you may need to check your proxy settings, and possibly change them.
This is true both in Chrome, and in the Windows network settings.

If the issue is still not resolved in Chrome, you may need to reinstall Chrome.

Tatte

Quote from: nccvoyager on October 18, 2016, 07:08:18 PM
Try refreshing the page using Ctrl-F5.
This will attempt to force the browser to load directly from the server instead of just loading a cached file.

If this does not work, try connecting to the website using another web browser.
(Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)

If this does (or doesn't) work, you may need to clear your browser cache.

Important:
Before you begin this process, be aware that this may result in a loss of saved data for any web-based flash videos/games!
Be aware that, depending on the options you choose during the process, you may lose saved passwords, billing information, and cookies!
Be aware that lost cookies may result in the requirement of you logging in to many websites again, and may also require you to complete two-step verification on some websites again!

Got all that?
Okay, then go ahead.

Google Chrome

If the issue is not resolved now, you may need to check your proxy settings, and possibly change them.
This is true both in Chrome, and in the Windows network settings.

If the issue is still not resolved in Chrome, you may need to reinstall Chrome.

Ya, nothing worked, i guess ill reinstall chrome
~Tatte~

milon

Did that fix it?

If not, reboot your PC.  If that still doesn't fix it, check this link regarding flushing your DNS:
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

(If your local DNS cache got screwed up, flushing it can fix an error like the one you're seeing and let your browser properly resolve the web address you're looking for.)

Tatte

Quote from: milon on October 26, 2016, 03:37:01 PM
Did that fix it?

If not, reboot your PC.  If that still doesn't fix it, check this link regarding flushing your DNS:
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

(If your local DNS cache got screwed up, flushing it can fix an error like the one you're seeing and let your browser properly resolve the web address you're looking for.)

Update: Still doesnt work -_- so sad, I cri
~Tatte~

Calahan

What browsers have you tried so far? As whenever I've had access issues to a particular website, then installing a new browser has always solved the issue foe me. Especially if the browser had never been installed on the machine before (although YMMV).

So it sounds like you are using, or have tried Chrome. But what about Internet Explorer, Edge (if you have Windows10), Opera, Firefox, all the others I can't recall off the top of my head? In order to be able to help you we are likely going to need a lot more information on exactly what you have tried so far (so that they can be ruled out).