[A17...not really] MasterDihtung's Minor Mods and Mod Addons

Started by MasterDihtung, October 18, 2016, 04:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katherineironfist

HOLY CRAP O_O!!!

That Seleymite stuff looks hellza fucking pretty!! O_O;;;;; *drools*

Thank you for this mod! Also, can you consider adding new ores like Rubies, Diamonds, Sapphires, etc. and making a new crafting table where you can create jewelry and stuff to sell or whatever, maybe to increase social skill chance? :D

MasterDihtung

Just a quick update, before i disappear for months, again.
I uploaded some sculpture sprites that I have made long time ago. Enjoy!

RxSniper007

Quote from: MasterDihtung on May 09, 2017, 04:28:29 AM
thanks for updating the sculptures :D

I'm gonna use this and the pottery mod :D

good luck with your new life ^_^

Thoughtless

Don't want to sound like a huge idiot, but my core folder doesn't have a texture file, I created one to put this in, but as I assumed that didn't work. I also searched the other folders looking for where the games stock .PNG's were and couldn't find those either.

I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out where to put these, also is anybody getting pottery to work, I get a ton of errors when I load it up.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Thoughtless on May 11, 2017, 05:38:18 PM
I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't figure out where to put these, also is anybody getting pottery to work, I get a ton of errors when I load it up.

OP made a mistake with the upload. The texture folder needs to be like this "MasterDihtung's More Sculptures\Textures\Things\Building". Currently it's just "MasterDihtung's More Sculptures\Building". Otherwise you just need to activate it and it's good to go.

It'll show up as red b/c there's no "about" file included with the mod. I assume this is to make it compatible with every version. If you want it to show up as grey instead, just add an about file and update the version number for each new alpha of RimWorld. I've included a download if you want the result without the work, or just to see what I mean.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Thoughtless

Thanks, I've been modding long enough to know the way I had it set up wasn't going to work, it'll be a little while before I'll know if this fixed it or not, I probably should have put 2 and 2 together on my own, but I thought that this was trying to bypass the mod route and add png's to the base game. 

As far as his pottery mod is concerned, do you have any idea why it'd through an error saying that it couldn't reference the mods png's, the png's are there and the file structure looks correct, is it just not usable in A16? 

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Thoughtless on May 12, 2017, 01:19:38 PM
As far as his pottery mod is concerned, do you have any idea why it'd through an error saying that it couldn't reference the mods png's, the png's are there and the file structure looks correct, is it just not usable in A16?

Actually at a quick glance, it looks like a similar error. The folders are all there, but this time the folder names are not capitalized. I did not try, but if you change the folder names to "Textures\Things\Building\Art" it should work.

MasterDihtung

Quote from: RxSniper007 on May 11, 2017, 02:20:37 PM
Quote from: MasterDihtung on May 09, 2017, 04:28:29 AM
good luck with your new life ^_^

Thank you! ^_^

Quote from: Thoughtless on May 11, 2017, 05:38:18 PM
Don't want to sound like a huge idiot, but my core folder doesn't have a texture file, I created one to put this in, but as I assumed that didn't work. I also searched the other folders looking for where the games stock .PNG's were and couldn't find those either.

Yeah, you have to make these folders yourself. I saw that i made a mistake with the folder path and I corrected it now. Alternatively, you can just use the version Dr_Zhivago made. Also, thanks Zhivago for making it!

The pottery mod is still A15 and it probably won't work properly on current version of the game.

Switter

This is the feeling when the floor texture looks better than the texture of the colonist, the walls and generally everything in the game)

Plasmatic

I'm looking at the sculptures more, but i can't understand how to install it..

My core folder has no textures folder inside it.. should I just make one?

Canute

And why should RW use these textures instead the regular ones ?
Adding new folder/files in core don't do anythings.
Download the sculpture pack, look how the sculptures are named, search for this name at the core, then you know where you need to copy these.

MasterDihtung

Quote from: Plasmatic on May 27, 2017, 12:47:29 PM

Sorry for late reply. I put up a regular Mod version, since a lot of people had trouble with getting these installed. Should be way simpler now.

Quote from: Canute on May 27, 2017, 01:07:51 PM
Download the sculpture pack, look how the sculptures are named, search for this name at the core, then you know where you need to copy these.

What do you mean? I have these textures placed in RimWorld\Mods\Core\Textures\Things\Building\Art\SculptureGrand etc. and the game has been loading them from there instead of the default textures. I have made several other replacement textures over time and they all have been used in the game in this way.
There's also another texture pack made by zzz1000 that replaces steel slag and stone chunk textures in this way and I have been using that since A13 or A14, can't really remember.

Check it out, he's textures are awesome:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20343.msg222714#msg222714

Quote from: Switter on May 27, 2017, 09:53:24 AM
This is the feeling when the floor texture looks better than the texture of the colonist, the walls and generally everything in the game)

Just don't download that mod dude, it's dated (unless you're still playing A15). I'll update these at some point in time, between now and when our sun goes supernova.

Plasmatic

Quote from: MasterDihtung on May 28, 2017, 05:52:42 AM
Quote from: Plasmatic on May 27, 2017, 12:47:29 PM

Sorry for late reply. I put up a regular Mod version, since a lot of people had trouble with getting these installed. Should be way simpler now.

Thanks, that helps a lot :)

Canute

Quote from: MasterDihtung on May 28, 2017, 05:52:42 AM
Quote from: Canute on May 27, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

What do you mean? I have these textures placed in RimWorld\Mods\Core\Textures\Things\Building\Art\SculptureGrand etc. and the game has been loading them from there instead of the default textures. I have made several other replacement textures over time and they all have been used in the game in this way.
There's also another texture pack made by zzz1000 that replaces steel slag and stone chunk textures in this way and I have been using that since A13 or A14, can't really remember.

Sorry my bad, i wasn't aware of this feature.