[1.0] Pick a Color! (Update Dec. 26)

Started by mabor0shi, October 18, 2016, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should there be any other changes in the special PaintBench version?

A small research requirement.
3 (15%)
Painting job should take time and give xp.
4 (20%)
Both of the above.
9 (45%)
Other (suggest via post in this thread).
0 (0%)
No other changes. Just add a bench.
2 (10%)
Don't want special bench. Sticking with Normal Version.
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

mabor0shi

Quote from: dismar on November 12, 2016, 10:15:58 PM
Quote from: Killaim on November 12, 2016, 10:53:39 AM
now for pawns clothes too :D

theres a mod that does that.
That's good, because I have tried and failed to figure out how to change the color of existing apparel.
Quote from: jeeohlee on November 12, 2016, 05:52:32 AM
can i has a suggestion?? can u makes a new ui in which you can customize the colors?? like as if its in a powerpoint or something??
Yes: you can suggest. No: I can't make a UI. I think you mean something like the GUI in Recolor Stockpile mod by theubie. I love that interface, but I don't know how to make them myself. It's too advanced for an amateur like me. Sorry, but thank you for asking.
edit:Hey, the Nexus Mods link was broken, I fixed it. Go there and click endorse if you have a NexusMods account, please.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

mabor0shi

Updated for alpha 16 (vacation time is over) but the links for the "vanilla textures" and "EW Mod compatible" versions are still for A15 right now. Nothing new with the mod, just the required changes for A16. I'll add something to it soon, though.
Don't laugh, but I've never actually seen a colony built with my mod :-[ Oh, you're not laughing. Good. Post screenshots of your colony if it's colorful from using Pick a Color, please. I need some pics showing colonies, villages, fortresses etc. custom colored by this mod for NexusMods to show; if yours is cool, I might ask to use it. Even if I don't use it, I'll be happy to see it. Happy New Year!
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

animagus_kitty

Quote from: mabor0shi on January 01, 2017, 10:59:49 PM
Post screenshots of your colony if it's colorful from using Pick a Color, please. I need some pics showing colonies, villages, fortresses etc. custom colored by this mod for NexusMods to show; if yours is cool, I might ask to use it. Even if I don't use it, I'll be happy to see it. Happy New Year!

Oh, NOW you say something. lol I had a colony built with every room a different color, but it was for A15 and I've just deleted all my A15 saves.

Haven't gotten around to playing 16 yet, but I'll keep tthis in mind. Any specific requests?

asquirrel

mabor0shi

Quote from: animagus_kitty on January 01, 2017, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: mabor0shi on January 01, 2017, 10:59:49 PM
Post screenshots of your colony if it's colorful from using Pick a Color, please. I need some pics showing colonies, villages, fortresses etc. custom colored by this mod for NexusMods to show; if yours is cool, I might ask to use it. Even if I don't use it, I'll be happy to see it. Happy New Year!

Oh, NOW you say something. lol I had a colony built with every room a different color, but it was for A15 and I've just deleted all my A15 saves.

Haven't gotten around to playing 16 yet, but I'll keep tthis in mind. Any specific requests?
So everyone is deleting their A15 colonies before coming here for A16 update, then only returning to this thread once A17 comes out, right after deleting the A16 colonies. No one will ever see this request while they have a colony they are proud of to show off!? :'( I'll put the request in the OP, maybe that will help.
No specific requests, I'm not asking anyone to do anything other than to take a screencap of a finished (or near-finished) colony. 1. Do everything as you want, build as normal. 2. If it's an example of this mod in action, take a picture and post it here. I want to see how people use Pick a Color!
Thank you for your comments, they give me motivation :)

Beathrus

I started using the mod, and I keep getting so many drop pods of colored stone. x.x Why is it so hiiigh.

mabor0shi

Quote from: Beathrus on January 12, 2017, 12:51:13 AM
I started using the mod, and I keep getting so many drop pods of colored stone. x.x Why is it so hiiigh.
I should have seen this coming. This mod adds 50 stone block items (5 stone types, 10 colors each) to the base game's 5 stone block items. So, you are much more likely to get stone blocks of some kind in a resource pod incident now. :(
That's still not a very high percentage. I've never heard any other complaints about this, so I hope that you are simply having a run of bad luck.
I want to fix this either way, because ideally colored stone blocks would only exist on a map if the player created them. However, it seems that the lower an item's MarketValue, the more commonly it appears in resource pods. It's based totally on the value, so I can't solve this problem without raising the value of the blocks extremely high. Believe me, I'm more upset about this than you are. I could offset the problem by making resource pods come more frequently. I just think that's not a change my mod should make. But I could make you a special version of the mod that does that or just tell you how to do it yourself.
edit: i'm working on a workaround

Darkmark8910

Is this save game compatible? I have a luxury colony (11 colonists, value WELL over 100k, very impressive bedrooms in half the colony) and would love to use this for decoration in it :D

Beathrus

Quote from: mabor0shi on January 14, 2017, 04:55:28 AM
I should have seen this coming. This mod adds 50 stone block items (5 stone types, 10 colors each) to the base game's 5 stone block items. So, you are much more likely to get stone blocks of some kind in a resource pod incident now. :(
That's still not a very high percentage. I've never heard any other complaints about this, so I hope that you are simply having a run of bad luck.
I want to fix this either way, because ideally colored stone blocks would only exist on a map if the player created them. However, it seems that the lower an item's MarketValue, the more commonly it appears in resource pods. It's based totally on the value, so I can't solve this problem without raising the value of the blocks extremely high. Believe me, I'm more upset about this than you are. I could offset the problem by making resource pods come more frequently. I just think that's not a change my mod should make. But I could make you a special version of the mod that does that or just tell you how to do it yourself.
edit: i'm working on a workaround

I thank you for thinking of me, but no need to go that far. I'll figure out something to do with them; I am not sure if Rimworld has it, but it would be nice if you could designate item types that could be part of the drop pod incident and such.

Such as allow plain blocks to drop, but not the colored/painted ones. :/

But either way, thank you for responding, I will just hoard them like all the things. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

mabor0shi

Spring is coming soon! New wood color added: Spring Green. Here it is side by side with yellow & green一

OK, this update should fix it so they never show up in drop pods from the "resource pod crash" incident or in trader inventories.
Quote from: Darkmark8910 on January 14, 2017, 12:43:15 PM
Is this save game compatible? I have a luxury colony (11 colonists, value WELL over 100k, very impressive bedrooms in half the colony) and would love to use this for decoration in it :D
LoL u sound like a real state agent. Yes, you can install it or remove it anytime without it breaking your save or anything. When you got that colony lookin good, post a screenshot here.

MarineStardust

is there any way to only use certain color? all the color option is nice but i doubt i will use them all since i have a fav color

mabor0shi

Quote from: MarineStardust on January 24, 2017, 01:04:00 AM
is there any way to only use certain color? all the color option is nice but i doubt i will use them all since i have a fav color
To eliminate the options of colors other than your favorite, one would have to edit the XMLs. It's just a matter of removing every line that is about other colors. That is making a custom version of the mod. You can customize it all you want, it would be a good intro to modding for you.

EldVarg

Would it be hard to add paint that you can use on walls and object (already placed) to paint them in that color?

b4d

just voted for a special "coloring" bench on the poll 

The bills menu got cluttered too much it frightens me ;D

MarineStardust

Quote from: mabor0shi on January 26, 2017, 02:00:37 AM
Quote from: MarineStardust on January 24, 2017, 01:04:00 AM
To eliminate the options of colors other than your favorite, one would have to edit the XMLs. It's just a matter of removing every line that is about other colors. That is making a custom version of the mod. You can customize it all you want, it would be a good intro to modding for you.
don't want to be a modder, can anyone make a custom version for me? don't like having a color option showing that i will never use