[Mod Request] Insect Queen Overhaul

Started by Ramsis, October 19, 2016, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Okay so this is more being posted as a place to store my thoughts but anyone is free to make a mod from said ideas.

Tl;dr: I want a mod where you can be one of the Megaspider queens.

Mod should be pretty straightforward. You solo spawn on a planet (probably include a basic scenario with the mod) as a Megaspider queen. She has crazy high mining and melee ability but sucks at literally everything else, and she's slow as molasses movement speed wise.

She burrows into a mountain side somewhere, can spawn (build) an egg. The egg hatches a day or so later as a basic labor spider. Great for cleaning, building, hauling. From there she or the labor spider can run around grabbing food either vegetation or meat from hunting.

Labor spiders are great for building a floor type, probably just an overlay for basic ground that just looks webbed up. I know they are supposedly not actually spider based but meh!

With some more food and probably some wood/minerals she can hatch another egg that will give you a soldier. Basic, straightforward, it's a soldier. It can haul, it can kill, it can probably rescue.

This is the basic premise. It'll still be RimWorld, but you'll have no allies. The idea is to build a large army and colonize your area of the RimWorld itself. The mod doesn't have to be friendly to weaker computers, I'd personally laugh at the idea of having 50+ little bugs running around doing tasks.

For the more adventurous modders here are some fun requests:

1. Add branching types of spiders. Worker spiders that can evolve into specialized branches of labor like growing and cutting, building, mining, speedy hauling ones, soldiers that are tanky with minimal attack ability, sniping soldiers, etc.

2. Buildings! Go nuts. Adds walls of glued together stones! Labor buildings that you can park bugs at like the mining drill in Vanilla? Of course that would be awesome!

3. Larvae form. Bugs actually have to be cultivated properly!

4. Brain bug, getting to the darker side of things. Got a prisoner that was unlucky enough to survive? A quick bit of brain surgery and you now have a suicide colonist to play with who has no complaints or feelings.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Modraneth

so this idea just die here... to bad... it would be cool

mrofa

Have a larva rammy

Will be good for your liver, or atleast your liver will be good for larva growth :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Techgenius

Geez... that mod would be both awesome and nasty... think Jecrell could be up for with? hahahaha