Deadly log o psychiatric help

Started by Arctic_fox, October 20, 2016, 12:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic_fox

So title pretty much says it but I've tried to use a log to knock some sense into a dazed or berserk pawn and the last 10 times in a row i have used it one of the pawns dies or loses 2-3 limbs....every time, Am i doing something wrong here? or is RNG just trolling me?

Either the pawn dies, The pawn with the log dies, or limbs are destroyed and in one case both pawns died one from a crushed skull the other died as he was being rushed to a bed sans both legs, One wasn't armed the other had a log.....

Shurp

I've never had this happen.  I often wind up with missing fingers but never limbs.  Are you sure one of your colonists isn't carrying a gladius?  Also, do you remember to tell them to stop once he goes down?  They'll continue beating him to death if you don't.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Arctic_fox

Quote from: Shurp on October 20, 2016, 07:38:26 AM
I've never had this happen.  I often wind up with missing fingers but never limbs.  Are you sure one of your colonists isn't carrying a gladius?  Also, do you remember to tell them to stop once he goes down?  They'll continue beating him to death if you don't.

I checked again today played at 1x speed double checked it was a log and on second hit colonist died :/ next try with ALL mods uninstalled just base game the colonist hit with the log lost an arm and leg, on third test guy with log got beaten to death by the pawn he was attacking, pawn had only fists, fourth test pawn being attacked died again.

At this point using a pistol or rifle seems to work better.