[A15] TF RIM-MOD v1 (Saul's 4 mods)

Started by Saularian, October 06, 2016, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saularian

"on solid ground"

As my old post went outdated, I'll put it up again in releases, fully updated and all  ;D https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12580.msg126663#msg126663

It's been awhile but now my mods are updated to the latest version [A15]
Now I'm getting back on track to start working again on some ideas I had when I started with this stuff. Maybe some greenhouse stuff or whatever I can think of with the new things that have been added to the game.
CHEERS!

A15 Terra Firma Mod Pack

This pack is composed of 4 mods I've been working on for the last few days,
but I'll just start with adding the link to the package before I elaborate.

Get it here:

ALPHA 15

The package contains the following mods:
   -A15 Nappa v1
   -A15 Rack em Stack em v1
   -A15 Bag em and tag em v1
   -A15 TF Weaponry and Security v1

Pictures say more than a thousand words they say so I'll start with those:

A15 Nappa v1

Adds:
- Nappa-leather, a more generic type of leather made from different types of leather.
- A Nappa crafting table, so you can craft it
- 3 apparel recipes for the tailoring bench to use this new leather (or any other textile)
- 3 recipes for the smelter to create metals that have actual armoring properties
- 2 recipes in which you could utilize these metals (and a bit of nappa)
- Added bonus: I also added a more economic comms-station so it actually fits in a room! (As opposed to fitting a room around them...)

If you only want this, download it from here:

ALPHA 15

A15 Rack em and Stack em

Adds:
- 7 Storage racks ranging from single (1x1) to double large (4x2)
- A ceiling light, so you can light up that dark/dampy storage room
- Added bonus: The racks support roofs, so you can build a warehouse the size of New York if you want to. Or if you need to.
- Added a freezer unit that turns a storage room into a freezer at -5 degrees celsius without the need foor exhaust vents

ALPHA 15

A15 Bag em and Tag em v1

Adds:
- A recipe to create bodybags at the tailor bench (Nappa-leather dependant)
- A morgue slab where you can put corpses in bodybags, so they don't affect colonists mood.
- 7 Bodybag storage containers, ranging from single (1x1) to double large (4x2). They also support roofs The bodybags stack up to 5 per tile.
- Added bonus: No need to strip corpses before bagging them, as this is done during the bagging process.
To add:
- Make the bodybag show whose inside of it.
- New ways of disposing of the bagged corpses (butchering, organ harvesting, mass graves)

ALPHA 15 NAPPA dependant version

ALPHA 15 LEATHER dependant version

A15 TF Weaponry and Security v1

Adds:
- Makes mechanoid's drop their weapons
- 5 new turrets (4 which utilize the mechanoid weaponr and one that uses a flamer)
- 3 new weapons: A flamer, an Anti-Materiel rifle (craftable, needs resource from Nappa mod) and a high explosive variant (also craftable)
- Craftable and stuffified vanilla power armor.
- Fire Ant power armor that is extremely heat resistant and should be almost fire-proof
- Added a craftable Area Denial Weapon that can turn a room into a "flash" freezer (-270 degrees celsius). Useless outdoors though...
To add:
- More weaponry, armors, turrets and so on

ALPHA 15

Author/Mod Team
Saularian

Thanks to
Probably a lot of people on this forum who show me the right direction to get things working :)

License
Anyone who wants, can take my mods apart and use it in any way they want. But if you put it in a modpack, please do credit me.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- ENJOY!

kaptain_kavern

Hey saularian, welcome back.

I'm glad I can be the first to re-welcome there. I have something to tell you.

While you were absent I take the liberty to use some of your assets/works (principally the rack storage part) to re-release some of your mod to the community. It is here : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23205 (not actually updated because I added some things that depend on an other mod - CCL).

As I haven't even ask you permissions (it was from A11 and I really thought it was "dead"), you just have word to say and I will ask moderators to erase/remove the thread and I can also shut down the github repo where I was working (here and there).

Hope that doesn't upset/bother you too much. And if yes I apologize again. Anyhow I will do as you want.

Best regards

Dragoon

OMG I LOVE THIS MOD, I'm so happy you back! I've missed this so much T-T I would give my first born for you to keep updating this mod this has got to be my second favorite mod of all time being beaten only by prepare carefully, and we all know that is >>.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

JerryBi

is this bug that traders dont like to buy nappa (even bulk trader)?

also Power armor and Ant armor dont have prerequstie can be built from begging and using clothes workstations.. ?

SteelRev

I get a null value error from the freezer.  I can try to build it in game but it vanished on completing. Can't spawn it via god mode either.  Love the mods otherwise.  PS is there a way to remove the explosive damage from the flame turret?

zmadz

been playing with this mod compilation for some time, turrets seem a bit op imho ( 200 steel instant craftable fire hazard needs nerf ) loving the nappa,storage utilities are great especially that they can hold roofs even the morgue and body bag utilities seem rather decent. Wish we can recycle the weapons that mechanoids drop or sell them, please put your comms console crafting behind a research also. Feel like many of your stuff would be a lot better if they need to be researched first but hey that's just my opinion

Canute

Welcome back,
i realy liked nappa leather, much better then the bended leather from another mod ! :-)

OK, you just made your mod workable with A15, but that don't mean it fit into the A15 gameplay.
You miss all the research prerequisites.

Com. Console need Microelectronic research at example.
A tribe with high-tech mini com. console and turrets, funny :-)

SteelRev

I fixed  the freezer for myself.  Thought I saw a research line in the code but the game allows the build from the start.  Not sure why.

HurricaneHandy

The Freezer is broken for me too.  How did you fix it?

SteelRev

I added a line from a furnace MOD.  I'll post the code and where it goes after I get home from work.  Est. About 8:45 pm US Central Time.

Edit: add how I fixed

OK so open the rimworld mods folder-> A15 Terra firms MOD pack -> defs -> thingsdefs -> and edit the file Buildings_StorageRacks.xml

Towards the bottom of the file will be the code for the freezer.  Under the line that has <label>Freezer_Unit</label> add this line.
<ThingClass>Building_WorkTable_HeatPush</ThingClass>