[A16] Hauling Hysteresis

Started by Vendan, October 20, 2016, 08:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vendan

Hauling Hysteresis

Description:
Hauling Hysteresis adds the options to only refill a storage spot once it has dropped below a configurable level.  Useful for when your colonists are hauling single meals around every time one gets eaten, instead of hauling a stack of 10 when the fridge empties out!

Author/Mod Team
Vendan

Download
https://andyleap.net/HaulingHysteresis/HaulingHysteresis.zip

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

mabor0shi

[Mod Idea] Stockpile hauling/restacking.
You did it! You are my hero. I thought this thread was buried and the idea forgotten. Thank you.
Quote from: mabor0shi on September 21, 2016, 10:23:07 PM
Quote from: Serenity on September 21, 2016, 08:42:55 PM
...there are also uses for always keeping a zone stocked with a certain amount of materials, but only filling it when the stock is under a certain threshold...
You right. Plus, "haul to zone" is harder to achieve with vanilla work arounds than "haul from zone". Really, Serenity's 'haul to zone' idea for the 'hauling hysteresis' problem is the more useful part of this mod. Aside from whatever fix for 'stoopid stacking' issue
edit: How about we add to this mod a total "max stockpile zone capacity: _" property.. or maybe this goes too far??
this is the post where I coined the term "Hauling Hysteresis". It's a super obvious name that Vendan probably came up with on his own, I'm not saying he/she stole it. I just have a crazy ego :P
btw, this post is missing a few things. This was helpful to me for my mod thread:
Helpful info for publishing mods
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Vendan

Heh, I got the idea from https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/574gll/stockpile_hysteresis/.  Note: I'm Vendan_Andrews on there, so it's just I finally got around to implementing it!

Supercheese

YES! I've been wishing for this functionality for a while, and now it's here! Awesome!

mabor0shi

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 20, 2016, 08:43:58 PM
[Mod Idea] Stockpile hauling/restacking.
You did it! You are my hero. I thought this thread was buried and the idea forgotten. Thank you.
Quote from: Vendan on October 20, 2016, 08:48:49 PM
Heh, I got the idea from https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/574gll/stockpile_hysteresis/.  Note: I'm Vendan_Andrews on there, so it's just I finally got around to implementing it!
So then it was buried and forgotten lol
I really wasn't suggesting u "stole" anything. You can c I didnt even start that mod idea thread. I'm just so excited to c that the dream has become real and it even has the name I wanted it to. Does this mod let u have the pawn haul a full zone's contents away to another stockpile, too? I still think being able to haul to the zone when it gets empty is more useful than from the zone when it gets full, because it takes much more micromanaging to get it done the vanilla way than emptying the full. Good work either way, u got the harder part done. Now start on the other ideas in that thread, pronto!
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Supercheese

Minor issue: "Refill cells less then" should instead be, "Refill cells less than".

Serenity

str82azz

great mod..would be even nicer if it worked with storage search mod :)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: str82azz on October 23, 2016, 04:56:47 AM

What issue are you having? I use them both without any problems.

Vendan

Really?  Are you sure they are actually working together?  From the code, they should override each other.  You should probably have the storage search on stockpiles, and hauling hysteresis on anything else.  It should be possible to combine the 2, or at least work out a compatibility tweak though.

str82azz

I tried different load order. Its showing storage search column for me..obviously if i remove it HH bar shows up

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 23, 2016, 07:32:52 PM
Quote from: str82azz on October 23, 2016, 04:56:47 AM

What issue are you having? I use them both without any problems.

I apologize guys, I saw the word Hysteresis and was thinking of the "Crafting Hysteresis" mod and not this "Hauling Hysteresis" mod. I do not have this one installed, so again, sorry about that!

Rock5

When I made a suggestion like this recently and someone said "So you are after Hauling Hysteresis?" I thought they meant Something for hauling like Crafting Hysteresis works. Now I think maybe they meant this mod.

Now for some clarification; is it 1 level number for the whole storage? A screenshot would be nice.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Out of all the mods I just installed Storage Search and Hauling Hysteresis are the only 2 incompatible ones. Any idea how long a fix will take?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Awe

Thanks. Finally i can set up a normal workflow at kitchen. ^.^