[B19] Fences And Floors v1.21

Started by Pravus, October 20, 2016, 11:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarlordToby

Commander Blackwatch

Please add new fences that stun or hurt the enemy if they touch the fences like electric fence something like that .

:D ;D :D ;D :D
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Pravus

Just updated to v1.1!  Now featuring gates for wooden fences, chainlink fences, and high security fences!  Also a balance pass has been performed on fence HP, material cost, and construction time!

TOWC

Quote from: Pravus on October 24, 2016, 10:57:36 PM
Quote from: TOWC on October 21, 2016, 07:30:52 PM
You should tweak those sensor panels a bit. Change its cost somehow(components are priceless, you know) or increase bonus move speed. Just 18 extra percents looks like a joke, because of the cost and all that research thingy.

Sorry it took me a bit to respond (I was out of town and away from the internet over the weekend then had some computer problems after returning) but I took your suggestion into consideration and decided that you make a good point.

I have increased the sensor tile movement speed (now +62%) to better reflect the material investment and research cost.  I feel this is an appropriate change that adds value to the sensor tile flooring while maintaining my intended vision for game play balance (the benefit/cost balance for sensor tile flooring should make them desirable for specific situations and/or locations without cheapening their mechanic to the point of players effortlessly replacing their colony's entire floor space with sensor tiles.)

I have updated the Dropbox download link and the Steam Workshop page with the updated values.  Feedback on this change is appreciated!
62% looks like a much more appropriate value for such a price. Thanks a lot.

mabor0shi

can animals break thru it, or will it make me invincible against manhunter packs/revenging animals? this is the only thing i disliked about the other fence mod (this one has more variety and better looking fences btw)
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

cjayr369 | KagoMakoto

this mod really helped me a lot, I could now make a compound that doesn't require to use wall as... wall. And the best part of this mod that I could shoot through it like embrasure. I just hope that you could also add some fence gates... cuz it don't look well with regular door.

jmababa

fence mod tweak the resources needed can't use it with medieval mod uses too much resource the wooden fence should only use 1 wood per spot and M&Co Laser Fence here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14711.0  is better than your security barrier cause less to build a better security barrier for raids just put colonists far away with snipers raid comes they'll have to destroy both pylons to enter snipe em

lc-soz

Awesome mod, really enjoying. But I've found an issue in the start of rimworld:

Config error in WoodFenceGate2: WoodFenceGate2 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

Config error in ChainFenceGate2: ChainFenceGate2 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

Config error in TechFenceGate2: TechFenceGate2 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

And this after build a wood fence and two gates:

Could not convert id number from thingID=WoodFenceGate2222479839, numString=2222479839 Exception=System.OverflowException: Value is too large
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Convert.ToInt32 (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.IDNumberFromThingID (System.String thingID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

jmababa

lc-soz try the rimworld conflict checker you have a mod that's conflicting the fence

Dingo

Ending defNames with numbers is a no-no.

jmababa

thankz I won't use wooden fence just yet anyway vanilla wooden fence is better

Nanao-kun

Is it possible to have a floor that you make by using a special crafted material? Like if you made special bricks from steel and components and stuff to make sensor panel blocks to use when putting down sensor panels.

Pravus

Quote from: lc-soz on October 28, 2016, 12:10:20 AM
Awesome mod, really enjoying. But I've found an issue in the start of rimworld:

Config error in WoodFenceGate2: WoodFenceGate2 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

Config error in ChainFenceGate2: ChainFenceGate2 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

Config error in TechFenceGate2: TechFenceGate2 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

Thanks for the heads up!  Those defNames have been changed in order to eliminate this error.  Uploads in first post and on Steam Workshop have been updated.

Dingo

Just FYI Pravus, if people used those defNames previously and you changed them then you have corrupted people's saves. They can load them if they edit the save file itself and remove those items but I would be cautious about this in the future and let users know on Steam that the update will break existing saves.

lc-soz

Quote from: Dingo on October 28, 2016, 03:51:37 PM
Just FYI Pravus, if people used those defNames previously and you changed them then you have corrupted people's saves. They can load them if they edit the save file itself and remove those items but I would be cautious about this in the future and let users know on Steam that the update will break existing saves.

My lucky that I didn't use the second gate.

Would be better if the second gate, the simpler one, had different name, description, material, health [...] because it's a simpler gate compared to the normal one.

You should keep a "log" of versions on the post, it make things easy (or use gitHub). I noticed that you didn't edit the post today and was confused if you had updated the mod or not.

One BIG advantage of GitHub is keeping track of versions easily and other people help your project.